fsxwx weather engine no longer working

epopchock

hey,

I am having this problem with the freeware weather engine fsxwx and I just noticed that this past Friday, it wouldn't download any weather data for March 2018 (it still was able to upload weather data for January without any issues). I noticed this problem when I was trying to do a flight from Los Angeles to Hawaii. I chose a date in June of this year (2018) and it worked fine. Now when I went onto my flight simulator to test it today, I made a flight plan for a flight from Los Angeles to Riverside California, and I couldn't get the program to download any current or past weather data. Nor could I be able to access the website of this product to get help, even though I was able to access it on Friday. Any ideas about what is going on here and are others experiencing this problem? I want to be able to do flights without having to manually enter weather settings.

Evan

See the sticky four threads above this one entitled Microsoft Weather.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

@Tim....FSXWX is a freeware program like FSRealweatherlite. Not the inSim weather.

So it is, my bad! I caved in last month and bought FSGRW (can't stand AS - too fiddly). FSGRW can be auto-launched from a command line in the desktop shortcut, it runs in the background and stays there - perfect!

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Archived