Boeing 737-200s Worldwide!

Hi!

While not flying like the pilot of my European Airlines Boeing 737-200, I had the idea to poll here and there on a professional website, about airline still flying a 737-200. Found several ones! They sent me miscellaneous pics! Here are some :pilot:

pollbo001.jpg

That one is the plane of the guy in the Middle East, I'd brokered his plane and who already once had sent some pics

pollbo002.jpg

That one is from Lebanon, about above Rhodos, Greece

pollbo003.jpg

The U.S. now! A flight heading to Los Angeles, California and about the Grand Canyon

pollbo004.jpg

Centam Airlines, Central America, with a flight from Colombia to Panama

pollbo005.jpg

The Suramérica Airlines, flying Argentina (here of a flight from Telew to Buenos Aires)!

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

The "secret shuttles" that ferried employees to and from Area-51 (KXTA) used to use 737-200's. But I've read that the engines were too loud which was one reason why EG&G went with the now used 737-600. Interesting to note that they bought them from China. It could have been China Air. The "secret shuttles" are called Janet, and you can often hear them on tower take off and land online at the LiveATC.net website. Something else I found interesting is that I believe the Janet aircraft are registered out of Layton, Utah and when I was in Job Corp in Clearfield, UT I used to go to Layton all the time. In fact, Hill Air Force base is near by and I believe the B2 bomber gets maintenance there. I've never seen it, but fellow students I knew in Job Corp said they saw the B2 fly over. I have seen lots of other military aircraft though. I have seen the B2 fly over at an airshow here at my local airport KFNL.

When I ran FS2004 I mostly flew the PMDG 737-700 and took it all the way to Auckland New Zealand via island hopping. I do plan on buying the PMDG 737 NGX for FSX one day and perhaps I'll take it around the world. Only thing is you only move at around 500 MPH ground speed, so it takes forever. Right now I fly to and from all sorts of places in my Raptor F-22 cruising at FL500 at a ridicules and unrealistic speed of mach 2.35, which is about 1,500 MPH ground speed. LOL I've been around Earth four times thus far, and I'm on my fifth tour now. Just landed in a remote town (name escapes me) in Mongolia. Never been there and it was the first time in my 11 years of Simming to have been there. I usually head on over Uzbekistan via Ukraine over the Caspian Sea then on to Pakistan all the way to Southeast Asia, over the pacific island hopping and back to the U.S.

Hi CRJ_simpilot!

Much interesting story about Area-51! I did not know that but, amazingly, I saw a TV documentary about not so long ago, where one could see there in the 1950's, a all series of vintage planes ferrying people into! I told me: hey! looks like some of those planes could remind some one sees on that forum! :cool:

And, apart from that, that's a fact that the 737-200 engines are loud, as I fitted mine with a dedicated sound set :)

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Jan and Rupert, thanks for the feedback (those are liveries available like a freeware, for the Cantu/Kittyhawk-type 737-200)

Rupert: I'm glad to participate into a peaceful atmosphere each side of the pond :):):)

A very nice display

Hi Larry!

Thanks for the kind comment! Those textures are part of a tradition of mine, to device fictional liveries, albeit they look likely! Did that for FS2002 and FSX varied Boeings :cool:

"this beautiful 'Northern Air Cargo' freighter" A very fine livery, Jan! Somewhat too elaborated for my repaint skills and energy! And I agree with Rupert: not much water under the plane. There is some raining down however :):):) )

adamb: thanks for the kind comment. Never had the opportunity to fly aboard but I find it's a fine-looking plane :cool: And a one midway between a classical airliner and a pax plane for isolated terrains!

Hi Folks,

Man - how I miss the old Tin Mouse... I used to fly the wings off Bob Scott’s version - particularly the retro Aloha paint... Just last weekend watched a YouTube video on the Combi’s still in service in Canada - one of the very few jet airliners that can handle unpaved strips... My first ride in one was with People’s Express from New York to Chicago for boot camp - thought the plane looked like a toy...

Great set and post !

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bJQZKiw.png

Thanks Scott for the kind comment!

on the other hand, you are only the second one --maybe the third-- who mistakes my 737-200 with a Tinmouse :):) In fact, it's a Cantu Kittyhawk :):) It's a plane I tweaked for the use of my small independent airline; the only want of the Cantu version is its lack of a recent and decent virtual cockpit

Thanks Scott for the kind comment!

on the other hand, you are only the second one --maybe the third-- who mistakes my 737-200 with a Tinmouse :):) In fact, it's a Cantu Kittyhawk :):) It's a plane I tweaked for the use of my small independent airline; the only want of the Cantu version is its lack of a recent and decent virtual cockpit

Hi...

That one was great too - Cantu did some mighty fine model work... With the latest releases - the Tin Mouse project could be used with either model - I think Terry Gaff did the original Tin Mouse model... I do miss it in P3D - haven’t tried either of the commercial versions available...

Keep up the good work...

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bJQZKiw.png

Archived