Good flightplanner

Hageneezz

Hello,

I am looking for a good flightplanner, either freeware or payware. Right now i am using Simbrief, and i have

updated the Airac and nav database in FSX, but sometimes i get a flightplan were waypoints are missing.

So i would like a flightplanner that read the FSX database, and generates flightplans that are not missing waypoints...

Thanks

How do you operate the combination of Plan G and Sim Brief. I use both of these but separately - I like to be able to see where the plane is on a map.

When you set up your flight plan, do you do that first on Plan G or SimBrief? And then how do you paste from one to the other?

How do you operate the combination of Plan G and Sim Brief. I use both of these but separately - I like to be able to see where the plane is on a map.

When you set up your flight plan, do you do that first on Plan G or SimBrief? And then how do you paste from one to the other?

If I am on a plane with an FMC (e.g. 777) I usually only use SimBrief and I'm very happy with it. For me Plan G is not so much important for seeing on a map where you are (I consider that to be a bit like cheating :-D If you get lost you get lost), but I use it for planning for aircrafts, where you can only use Radio Navaids like in a Connie or early era jetliner.

Then I create a route in SimBrief, trying to comply as much as I can with modern era flight rules, export it in *.pln format, which Plan G can handle and open it in Plan G.

There I edit the flightplan crossreferencing waypoints with bearings to Navaids and so on, than on it goes to FSX or ASN.

But if you'd like to monitor your route from SimBrief on the map in Plan G, just open it and there you go...

Hope that helped :)

Cheers!

Archived