All White B737/B777? Help!

Airplane

Hey guys,

I've been wanting to download an all white/or close to all white B777-200ER and B737-700 models, but can't find it at all in the libraries here. Does anyone have any leads regarding these two specific aircraft?

Any help would be really appreciated!

The paint kits for them will be all white - just save each section as it is and there you have your all-white 777 & 737.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

The paint kits for them will be all white - just save each section as it is and there you have your all-white 777 & 737.

Sorry I'm a bit new to the entire paintkit model downloading thing. In the past when I downloaded paintkits I didn't know what files were important and what weren't because there were other files apart from just the base model + I didn't see any panel/sound folders in them, so I figured the paintkit downloads were of no use but you supposedly say the solution is in them itself. C

Could you give me a step by step example of a model file and tell me how to go about it?

Try the Painters Workshop further down the forums list from here, or click this link: https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/forumdisplay.php?53-Painter-s-Workshop

The second item in the list is a Painting Tutorials sticky which gives you a step by step video guide.

There's also a Painter's Toolbox sticky with links to every paint kit you could ever need and all the tools to paint them with.

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

• 3 weeks later...
I'm guilty of not having the time and energy to go through such a lengthy process and would rather just download an all white livery that's available to download for users directly. Do you know of any B777 all white models I could use?

Nope. Unless there's an airline somewhere that doesn't have any corporate colors or company logo you're not likely to find one either.

A paint kit just contains white texture files for an aircraft. Or at least, that's all you need for it.

Take one of your working 777 that you have installed.

Find a paint kit for exactly that aircraft. (for the same exterior aircraft model file.)

look at and in one of the texture folders of your 777.

You will see several image files. (fs9- .bmp files. Fsx - .dds files.). Also there will be a

texture.cfg file.

The texture folders are named: texture.british airways --- texture.american airlines --- texture.ryanair --- etc.

In the 777 folder, to create your own texture. : Create a new folder. Name it: texture.MyOwnWhite

Now open the paint kit you downloaded. Look for texture files with the same names as are in vexetusf folders that you have already.

So, if in "texture.ryanair" is a file named: abcde.dds

find a file abcde.dds in the paint kit, and copy that to folder: "texture.MyOwnWhite".

(if you have .dds files in your installed paints, and .bmp files in the repaint there are two possibilitys. One: paint kit is actually for different aircraft. Two: paint kit files are correct, but do not have their alpha channels yet.)

how to add alpha:

((With program DxtBmp, freeware)).

from installed "texture.ryanair" open file abcde.dds. You will see that image, and off to the right in a small window you see the Alpha.

Then click "import new image" and select from the paint kit image abcde.bmp file. You now see in dxtbmp the white file, with the alpha still there, off to the right.

Now click "file"- "export" and export your new file to folder "texture.MyOwnWhite".

Once you have all the white texture files in your new folder, also copy file "texture.cfg" to the new folder as well.

-----

And then for the last steps.

You make a backup copy of your 777 aircraft.cfg file.

The you open file 'aircraft.cfg' wit notepad, to edit it.

You find one of the [Fltsim.06] sections.

For example the one from ryanair.

Copy that whole section. (usually sections are separated by a blank line.)

scroll down the file to the last [Fltsim. ] section.

Put the cursor below that section and press enter three times.

Put the cursor below the last section again, skip one line, and paste your ryanair section there.

Now edit that pasted ryanair section to make it work for MyOwnWhite.

1- First change the number of the [Fltsim.xx] line. Make it one higher the the section before it. So if that is [Fltsim.11] make this one [Fltsim.12].

2- change line

title=

and change it. So if it contains ryanair in there, change that to MyOwnWhite

all Title= lines for that aircraft must be different. If two are the same, one of those two paints wont show, and fsx gives you a warning error message about that when starting.

3- Look for line: texture=ryanair

and change it to:

texture.MyOwnWhite

4- find line ui_airline=ryanair

and change it to:

ui_airline=MyOwnAirline

This change makes that show as name of the paint in the aircraft selection list.

(I'm doing this without my pc. The line may actually be atc_airline= )

5- not that important, but in the section you added is also the callsign for ryanair. You could change that. But it's not that important. When flying the aircraft you can choose your own callsign in the aircraft selection list. (under: "aircraft details".).

6- Registration number is also in the section. Choose one for your aircraft. Just pick one. Doesn't matter which. Doesn't have to be unique.

(And just like (5) you can choose this in aircraft details for every flight you do.)

that should be it. Close and save the "aircraft.cfg" file. And close those open folders to clean up.

Start fsx. Happy flights.:D

il.:cool:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived