Twin Otter turboprop.

GBJim

The de Havilland Canada DHC-6 Twin Otter, currently marketed as the Viking Air DHC-6 Twin Otter, is a Canadian 19-passenger STOL (Short Takeoff and Landing) utility aircraft developed by de Havilland Canada and currently produced by Viking Air.

to 1.jpg

I love turboprops.

to 4.jpg

This one is a very big and powerful twin turboprop with huge floats.

to 2.jpg

I spent some time today flying up the Saint Lawrence river, located between Canada and New York state.

to 3.jpg

Met a ferry boat also going up river.

to 6.jpg

I have a feeling that the ferry boat people were glad to see me leave.

Happiness is FSX Steam and Windows 7 . :)

Hi!

During my first epoch on the forum, I flew a wheeled Twin Otter in Norwegian regions. A fine and agreable plane! I recently read that they had modernized the avionics inside! Fine!

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Nice pics, but can you please tell us what sim, & what plane & scenery?

Sorry to be so delinquent. The sim is FSX Steam, the plane a de Havilland Canada DHC-6 Twin Otter, and the scenery is all default, nothing special has been added. The Twin Otter is available from the first page of General Aviation at Fly Away downloads.

Jim

Hi!

During my first epoch on the forum, I flew a wheeled Twin Otter in Norwegian regions. A fine and agreable plane! I recently read that they had modernized the avionics inside! Fine!

Yes Gerard, the avionics are very nice. Thank you for your very fine comments.

Jim

ot 7.jpg

ot 8.jpg

That's a great looking bird! And I can see where it'd be right down Jan's alley!!

In fact whilst we were searching for Jan a year or two ago an aircraft that versatile would have come in handy! You never know where Jan is going to crash!! :eek::eek: But it's usually wet!!;)

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

That's a great looking bird! And I can see where it'd be right down Jan's alley!!

QUOTE]

You are absolutely right Michael, but it's impossible to teach an OLD dog new tricks.

Archived