"Friday the 13th" on an early morning mission from Hawkinge (FSX)

peer01

Handley-Page Halifax bomber takes off from RAF Hawkinge, RAF WW-2 base near the coast of Kent, only 26 km. from the coast of France. At the crack of dawn:

FSX GOLD Edition incl. Acceleration

Freeware "Alphasim" Halifax Bomber, FSW update by A.F Scrub, textures by G. Flores

Freeware Hawkinge RAF WW-2 base by Gary Burns and Ian Elliot

Freeware Drzewiecki grass textures

Freeware HDE-V2 clouds

Please click on the pics to enlarge them

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

More climb-out pics in the reply*****

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Jan, I apologize for the post above. Please disregard it entirely. I wanted to Congratulate you on your Brilliant photography, and also learn how to insert pics with captions. So I used your thread late at night, when every one was asleep, so I wouldn't bother anyone, to practice on. It looks like I succeeded, and I planed to delete all my rubbish when I finished, but the Edit timed out ! They are just random pics that I used, and I'm very sorry to have messed things up for you in your nice thread.

Thank you for understanding, my young noble, and handsome friend.

Jim

Happiness is FSX Steam and Windows 7 . :)

Jan, I apologize for the post above. Please disregard it entirely. I wanted to Congratulate you on your Brilliant photography, and also learn how to insert pics with captions. So I used your thread late at night, when every one was asleep, so I wouldn't bother anyone, to practice on. It looks like I succeeded, and I planed to delete all my rubbish when I finished, but the Edit timed out ! They are just random pics that I used, and I'm very sorry to have messed things up for you in your nice thread.

Thank you for understanding, my young noble, and handsome friend.

Jim

Jim - It looks like things are starting to come together for you! keep working at it until you can do it without thinking about it all that much!

If you ever want to try my (our, several members on here use the same method) method, let me know and i can finish out the emails that I had started! okay, I am going to bed, it's 1:30am here now, and I have had enough fun for the day and part of this morning! :rolleyes:

Good night, Jim! Try post your own thread with your new found knowledge, and I will check it out in the morning!

Rick

Hi Peer!

I myself check the threads quickly my midday French time and thence back in the evening!

Much fine pics! I mostly like the 4th and 6th ones, which are most evocative! :cool:

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Dear friends, my posts are always "open" to contributions from everybody! :) I really enjoyed your pics Jim and I like to see them in "my" posts. So: no more apologies and post whatever you want to post! ;) Thanks Jim and Gerard! :)
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks very much Phil, it's appreciated!

Oh, and Jim: :o Very close to the airport this time.....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]205275[/ATTACH]

Agggghh, I am having chest pains again. Quick Mable, bring me my medication !

Happiness is FSX Steam and Windows 7 . :)

The Channel is only 26 km. wide there...... So I don't think I'll need to ditch, and I calculated fuel twice! :o

No worries if you took your klompen with you...then you could float across. :) Sorry for the lame attempt at humor. :p

Good flight and great dawn screenies!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Fly Southern, Y'all"

bushp04

Thanks Jan, been so busy with life etc etc bit still cruise the forums now and again. I'll post some shots again soon.

Keep the blue side up,

Gord

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] "You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky." Amelia Earhart

Nice shots Jan! And Jim as well!

Jan, I suppose it's best you didn't show your landing shots. It appears Jim knows the best aircraft for how and where you usually land!!:D

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Archived