Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: No interest in new aircraft files for fs9

Blog Entries

Default No interest in new aircraft files for fs9

I have uploaded a post some days ago, announcing a new a/c for fs9:

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showt...-uploaded-soon

So far, no one has commented in the above post...

What is going on? Have people lost interest in new files--like a sick cat that will no longer scratch its claws against a tree or lick its fur??

Nick
    Last edited by asos; 10-09-2018 at 01:51 PM.

No loss of interest in this quarter in respect to new FS9 files. In fact I browse the new FS2004 file listings pretty much daily. But I have absolutely no interest in old tail dragging biplanes. That said, I'd guess there are a lot of simmers who ARE interested, so don't get all downhearted just because nobody has thrown you accolades. Humans today seem to be good at clawing stuff for free, but giving feedback, or even a simple "thanks", is just too hard for a lot of people. Stand tall, take pride, and keep sharing the good work.

GW

Blog Entries

whitegn,

Thanks for your reply,

Nick

Blog Entries

It is unfortunate that not many people provide feedback. But I do want you to know that your design work is appreciated and we're glad you've chosen FlightSim.Com to distribute it.

I agree with Nels. I'm a long time simmer & I prefer the 'Golden Wings' & older prop aircraft, so much, in fact, that I have multiple FS2004 installs, to suit different themes & era's.

I, like many others, do appreciate the work that has been done by our freeware developers, that keep our 15 year old FS2004 alive, & I daily look at what's new for us, & yes, it was exciting to see something new popping up.

We are quite a cynical lot as well. A lot of us will just sit back & play the wait & see game, until the add-on is released, & then comment. That most certainly does not say that we are not interested in what you are creating. Some of us also just scan the forums just to see whats happening, without commenting at all.

So, bottom line, there are, I'm sure, many of us that have seen your post & are very much interested.
    Please do not be disheartened that nobody has commented.

By the way, I have, many times, commented, & also mailed developers regarding their add-ons. I have made some very good 'virtual friends' over the years, & regular communicate. Because of this communication, a few developers, the late Garry Smith included, appointed me as a beta tester for their add-ons.

Awaiting patiently for your plane.

Kind Regards,
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa.

P.S. Any chance for a South African texture?
    Last edited by zswobbie1; 10-10-2018 at 03:38 AM.

As every manufacturer knows, for every customer who complains, there's (hopefully) a thousand satisfied customers who say nothing.

It's human nature...

7. Default

I play many old games. Comments for uploads for almost any game diminish with age. It's the nature of the beast. Just like a person aging really, same deal, comments diminish with age. haha

Do things for fun. There will absolutely be people who appreciate what you do.
    Mark Daniels

The proof is in the pudding, as they say - upload the repaints and see how many downloads they get. I made a panel 12 years ago that was downloaded almost 23,000 times, these days a similar panel gets about 700 downloads but as Mark says, those 700 probably appreciate it more and will keep it for longer!
    Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz OC'd 4.2GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 16Gb 3500MHz Ram, 1TB & 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M case, CH Yoke & Pedals, Asus K272HL 27" Monitor, Windows 7 x64

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by whitegn View Post
    No loss of interest in this quarter in respect to new FS9 files. In fact I browse the new FS2004 file listings pretty much daily. But I have absolutely no interest in old tail dragging biplanes. That said, I'd guess there are a lot of simmers who ARE interested, so don't get all downhearted just because nobody has thrown you accolades. Humans today seem to be good at clawing stuff for free, but giving feedback, or even a simple "thanks", is just too hard for a lot of people. Stand tall, take pride, and keep sharing the good work.

GW

I agree 100% I will download a plane if I am interested in it. I fly airliners. More specifically older DC 9-30 and B727-100/200. I'm not interested in tail draggers either.

Blog Entries

Thanks again for your replies.

I will upload the file tomorrow --in this site--but do not know when it will be up for grabs.
    Look for "Tselepides".

Robin,

I will do a South African repaint if I find data--do you have any links?

Nick Tselepides,
    Athens, Greece

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast