No interest in new aircraft files for fs9

asos

:confused:

I have uploaded a post some days ago, announcing a new a/c for fs9:

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?313414-Vickers-Vildebeest-for-fs9-to-be-uploaded-soon

So far, no one has commented in the above post...

What is going on? Have people lost interest in new files--like a sick cat that will no longer scratch its claws against a tree or lick its fur??

Nick

No loss of interest in this quarter in respect to new FS9 files. In fact I browse the new FS2004 file listings pretty much daily. But I have absolutely no interest in old tail dragging biplanes. That said, I'd guess there are a lot of simmers who ARE interested, so don't get all downhearted just because nobody has thrown you accolades. Humans today seem to be good at clawing stuff for free, but giving feedback, or even a simple "thanks", is just too hard for a lot of people. Stand tall, take pride, and keep sharing the good work.

GW

I agree with Nels. I'm a long time simmer & I prefer the 'Golden Wings' & older prop aircraft, so much, in fact, that I have multiple FS2004 installs, to suit different themes & era's.

I, like many others, do appreciate the work that has been done by our freeware developers, that keep our 15 year old FS2004 alive, & I daily look at what's new for us, & yes, it was exciting to see something new popping up.

We are quite a cynical lot as well. A lot of us will just sit back & play the wait & see game, until the add-on is released, & then comment. That most certainly does not say that we are not interested in what you are creating. Some of us also just scan the forums just to see whats happening, without commenting at all.

So, bottom line, there are, I'm sure, many of us that have seen your post & are very much interested.

Please do not be disheartened that nobody has commented.

By the way, I have, many times, commented, & also mailed developers regarding their add-ons. I have made some very good 'virtual friends' over the years, & regular communicate. Because of this communication, a few developers, the late Garry Smith included, appointed me as a beta tester for their add-ons.

Awaiting patiently for your plane.

Kind Regards,

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa.

P.S. Any chance for a South African texture?

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

I play many old games. Comments for uploads for almost any game diminish with age. It's the nature of the beast. Just like a person aging really, same deal, comments diminish with age. haha

Do things for fun. There will absolutely be people who appreciate what you do.

Mark Daniels

The proof is in the pudding, as they say - upload the repaints and see how many downloads they get. I made a panel 12 years ago that was downloaded almost 23,000 times, these days a similar panel gets about 700 downloads but as Mark says, those 700 probably appreciate it more and will keep it for longer!

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

No loss of interest in this quarter in respect to new FS9 files. In fact I browse the new FS2004 file listings pretty much daily. But I have absolutely no interest in old tail dragging biplanes. That said, I'd guess there are a lot of simmers who ARE interested, so don't get all downhearted just because nobody has thrown you accolades. Humans today seem to be good at clawing stuff for free, but giving feedback, or even a simple "thanks", is just too hard for a lot of people. Stand tall, take pride, and keep sharing the good work.

GW

I agree 100% I will download a plane if I am interested in it. I fly airliners. More specifically older DC 9-30 and B727-100/200. I'm not interested in tail draggers either.

Thanks again for your replies.

I will upload the file tomorrow --in this site--but do not know when it will be up for grabs.

Look for "Tselepides".

Robin,

I will do a South African repaint if I find data--do you have any links?

Nick Tselepides,

Athens, Greece

I installed FS9 very shortly after it was available in stores. I filled-up almost a whole hard drive (terrabytes were not available) with both with freeware and payware over the years. Now, as back then, I am most appreciative of those who contribute countless hours and efforts to create freeware aircraft and scenery. And, like most of us out here, I very rarely lauded those efforts in the way of feedback to the freeware contributors. My bad.

In 2015, after buying a rather high-end (back then) gaming PC. I switched to FSX-Steam. Though FSX

has some better eye candy and other features not available in FS9, I still miss some of the freeware aircraft, and detailed scenery (i.e. Dallas-Ft Worth), from the FS9 years...

• 2 weeks later...

"A lot of us will just sit back & play the wait & see game, until the add-on is released, & then comment."

Exactly. So many WIPs never see the light of day that I rarely even peruse the threads about them (though the situation is much better with FS than with the race sim community, where such threads will run for months, replete with screenshots and beta comments, but nothing is ever uploaded).

Also I seldom comment until I have used the item, which may be weeks, months, or, sadly, even years after downloading. (A situation now exacerbated by the fact my gaming rig ate its mobo earlier this year and, having reached that point in life where I visit my doctors more than my family, a new system is not in the budget; and I'm not going to install FS on this old laptop, lol.)

But silence on our part does not indicate lack of interest, we're just lazy and cynical.

Archived