AFS Design Boeing 767-300 freeware download! Callout "TEN, TEN, TEN, TEN..........!"

Downwind66

This Boeing 767-300 American Airlines freeware download, file afs_b767_x_amn.zip, is really a very nice download, flies great, however, it has no landing lights (yes, posted this a few days ago as a general question). I can live with it only be a day flyer. I have the older livery in the same 767-300ER which everything works! Now, here's the next thing found in trying to get the landing lights to work:

I have downloaded Matt Smith's boeing callouts, file boeing_callouts_fsx.zip, which I have really enjoyed. Easy download, works well in just about anything you can throw at it! That was until yesterday.

I had the callouts program installed on the above American Airlines freeware download. Sitting on the runway, it decided to scream to me for help or warning I guess we should call it. "TEN, TEN, TEN, TEN, TEN,........................" continuous until you were forced to close the selection down. Okay, first I checked the callouts entries in the panel.cfg to make sure all looked good, which it did appear okay, no problemo! I went to the aircraft.cfg and found in the [contact points] that the static_cg_height was listed at 23.10 (see below), yes, 23.10!! Looking at other 767's, that height should be somewhere close to 10'. The 747's only show about 12'- 13' (I did find the default 747 to be 17.0). I changed the boeing callouts configuration to the larger aircraft (747/777) and all is quiet! I have two other 767-300 aircraft (with landing lights), configured for the smaller aircraft (727/737) and they work fine with that setting (their static height is 9.862')!

point.5= 2.000, -83.330, 0.000, 2.500, 787.400, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 9.000, 0.000, 0.000

point.6= 2.000, 42.670, 0.000, -3.750, 787.400, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 4.000, 0.000, 0.000

point.7= 5.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 6.000, 6.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000

static_pitch= -0.50

static_cg_height= 23.100

gear_system_type=0

Hell, the poor callouts program was still interpretting the aircraft in flight, 23.10' when it was still sitting on the ground!

You're probably going to ask, "and your point being?" No point, just a "heads up" in case anybody else has problems with the boeing callouts screaming for help! I guess in the world of freeware download aircraft, anything is possible. I still have an appreciation for what the developers offer us in the way of free downloads. They work hard to do that, but just the slightest omission and or typo, can really jinx the download. By, the way, this wasn't an omission or a typo! I tried copying a good contact points section over to this aircraft, and the aircraft buried itself just below the surface of the runway. Must have been a mistake made in the modeling of the aircraft and the developers had to go with the 23.10' to make it work! They had to have known something was wrong and it was okay until the boeing callout program pointed it out!

Thanks all and happy flying! Rick

Yep, unfortunately there is a lot of "stuff" in the Library that does not work for one reason or another. You could just eliminate the callout for 10 feet in the panel.cfg of that aircraft. BTW, since that 767 is using an alias for the panel, I would not trust the cockpit switches for lights to do their job. That 767 does have landing lights and a taxi light that never turns off even with the battery off.

767.JPG

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Yep, unfortunately there is a lot of "stuff" in the Library that does not work for one reason or another. You could just eliminate the callout for 10 feet in the panel.cfg of that aircraft. BTW, since that 767 is using an alias for the panel, I would not trust the cockpit switches for lights to do their job. That 767 does have landing lights and a taxi light that never turns off even with the battery off.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]205230[/ATTACH]

Charlie - I didn't use the panel that came with it, but I wasn't able to get the landing lights or taxi lights to come on? Let me try it again!

Rick :cool:

Charlie - I didn't use the panel that came with it, but I wasn't able to get the landing lights or taxi lights to come on? Let me try it again!

Rick :cool:

L key! lower case, not shift+l

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

L key! lower case, not shift+l

No Charlie, would not work for me, but that is okay, this afternoon, I downloaded a Delta 767-300, landing lights work, but outside of aircraft is dark, no recog, no logo light, no passenger interior lighting, but that is okay! Nav lights work, strobe works, and landing lights do work!

My post today was to put on the record in the subject matter, the "TEN TEN TEN TEN" sound, just in case someone else comes across it and does a search, they will find what the problem is. Landing light issue, I gave up and moved on to another download! All is good here!

Thanks Charlie! - Rick :cool:

Archived