Best GA Aircraft (for FSX SE)

bmatt569

Hi All,

If I would ask, "What is the best Aircraft, period", I'm sure that an offering by PMDG, FeelThere, etc. would be on that list. But, they concentrate more on the large transport category aircraft. I know that everyone is partial to an aircraft for their own reasons and opinions are like noses. My question is, what do you think is the best General Aviation aircraft (Particularly singles) and who is the best developer? All opinions are welcome and appreciated.

Regards,

Bill

Bill Mattson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Airspeed, altitude and ideas, bad to run out of all three at the same time

I don't fly GA all that often anymore. And since I don't care for GA all that much, I don't really know of a good payware. But when I did fly GA it was the Cessna Caravan amphibian, King Air or B1900D.

The PMDG Jetstream JS4100 might be worth a look. https://www.precisionmanuals.com/pages/products/FSX/JS4100.html

If I were to ever fly for real, I'd have at least a King Air. Not only is it a turbo prop enabling you to go higher and faster, but it's a twin engine. I feel that if an engine dies I have another to go on. So then I don't have to try and glide down somewhere. I like redundancy. And how often do you hear of King Air's going down anyway? You hear a lot of Cessna 172s go down. Albeit, they are a very popular aircraft, and given the fact a King Air is probably a hell of a lot more expensive and your insurance will go through the roof, it's no wonder a basic single engine Cessna is so popular.

I can recommend any of the Carenado/Alabeo GA fleet with dial gauges, certainly the Pipers. Any updates which Carenado missed (and there are a few!) have been fixed by Bert Pieke on the Carenado forum at AVSIM - his instructions are very clear and the fixes do work.

You might also want to take a look at A2A Simulations, Milviz, Eaglesoft, Lionheart Creations, Just Flight and Aerosoft, all have a few GA aircraft which are well worth considering.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

My two cents worth. Depending on what type of flying you want to do and how much realism. I once bought two Cessna C182T aircraft with a G1000. One from Carenado and one from Flight 1. Both were on sale for ½ price and had a gift card for a xmas bonus. Loaded up the Flight 1 version with minus 25-degree real weather. Started up the aircraft and couldn’t see out the windows, thought it was a graphic issue, spend 20 minutes on the internet and found out the windows were frosted up. Turned on the defrost and waited another 10 minutes and then took off. Less than a minute into the flight there was a big splat on the windshield blocking some of my vision, then another one a minute later blocking some more of my vision. Back to the web and found out these were bugs hitting the windshield. Very nice realistic bug splats. Did I mentioned it was minus 25 degrees, there should be no bugs. Loaded up the Carenado and was in the air in a few minutes.

My point to this long-winded comment. I just like sightseeing and touring as well as the navigation part of flying. The Carenado aircraft works fine for me. If you want more realism, then the other manufactures mentioned are the way to go.

There are also some awesome freeware planes, check out the Aero Commander series by Milton Shupe and team, the Ryan Navion by Larry Green and LDR Development, the Piper Turbo Arrow III v1.3 by Vladimir Gonchar and the Beech P35 by Brett Henderson.

John Cottreau

• 2 weeks later...

For realism and dynamic, A2A C182 (Accu-sim), if you like to worry for preparation and wear.

There are so much nice GA planes, for all taste, but the ones I use more often are:

For sight seeing flights, Carenado C337 is my OV of preference. Great visibility

For bush flights, Carenado C185F(toundra & amphibie).

For fast and distant flights, Carenado B58 with the TC mod(turbo).

About the dynamics and physics, there's a lot of "recipes" on the net how to tweak the

aircraft.cfg and .air files to get better or closest real behavior possible for Carenado and others.

i7-4790K @4400 on Gigabyte Z97X (16gb), GeForce GTX 970 OC, Corsair Spec case

Win7 Ult(64) on Samsung850 SSD(256), FSX+Accell on Samsung850 SSD(256), Track IR5

Saitek yoke/rudder radio/multi/switch panels, Logitech G13, GMap on Samsung tab

Hi Folks,

Like many others - A2A is king of the hill - however - just be sure you’re sticking with FSX - BEFORE - purchasing them - because like a couple other companies - if you move to P3D at some point in the future - you will be paying more than a 100% replacement cost to purchase the product again. This is not a policy I’m a fan of and thankfully I completely skipped FSX so I’ve never been burdened with... Just FYI...

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bJQZKiw.png

Hi Folks,

Like many others - A2A is king of the hill - however - just be sure you’re sticking with FSX - BEFORE - purchasing them - because like a couple other companies - if you move to P3D at some point in the future - you will be paying more than a 100% replacement cost to purchase the product again. This is not a policy I’m a fan of and thankfully I completely skipped FSX so I’ve never been burdened with... Just FYI...

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Logical: Avoided FSX; went straight to P3D

But for everyone else who initially had FSX and now has P3D a simple question: Did you pay full price?

Yes? Then what are you moaning about?

I went through the iterations of P3Dv1-v4 and had to pay full price for each, (and the Professional version at that), so one can hardly blame a Developer.

But one can certainly laud the Developers who didn't follow that path....

For me my favorite GA plane is the Beechcraft Super King B200 from Flight One. It can fly fast, high, and does not require much runway. The B200 is sufficiently complex to hold my interest but not overwhelming. I also like the Navigraph support.

Archived