Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help with CLS DC-10

Default Help with CLS DC-10

Hello, I can get all of the switches I need for autopilot to work with my FSX, CLS DC-10 except for the right side CMD (switch 2). Any suggestions as to what I need to do to get this to work? No matter where I hover the arrow over the switch nothing happens.. many thanks

I don't currently have the product installed so can't do a check flight but if IIRC........

Are you talking about the switch that is positioned on the right hand side of the autopilot (AP) panel directly above the ALT hold button?

If so, as long as switch ONE is on then that is all you need for the AP to function correctly.

With most aircraft addons that have two AP command switches modelled - usually labelled AP1 and AP2 (or similar) - you can usually select either of the buttons to control the AP.

However, IME some are modelled so that only ONE switch functions (usually AP1) and the other is simply there as an 'inactive' switch that would normally be 'visible' in the real cockpit and, again IIRC, this is one of those models...…….
    Regards

Brian

Hi Brian and thank you for the reply, it is switch two that won't move, so maybe I'm good. Since I posted here I uninstalled and reinstalled the aircraft but it didn't help. I may have a look at other DC-10s as I like it and the L-1011. I'm not a pilot but did fly a lot in the 70s and 80s many times aboard one of the above aircraft. Again many thanks, Blair...

Hi Blair,

I have re-installed the DC-10 and can confirm that switch 2 is inoperative and only for 'looks'.....

Not a problem really, because in the real world a pilot can activate the AP using switch 1 or 2 with only one being active at any given time. When 2 switches (or more correctly 'channels') are provided, one channel (usually channel/switch 1) is the Master and the other (switch 2) is a standby. If the AP is activated using switch 1 and switch 2 is then selected the system will automatically disconnect switch 1 so that 'control' passes to channel/switch 2.

WRT to the L-1011 - You may find this model of interest (see HERE)

I have it and am very happy with it. Note that there are TWO versions - standard and professional. I originally got the standard version back in 2014 and then brought the professional upgrade in late 2016 when it and the professional version was released. The standard version can be considered as a 'light' version in terms of complexity/functionality WRT to flight deck procedures etc.....
    Regards

Brian

Blair - Something else you might want to consider, HJG Historical Jetliners Group. You can create your own aircraft according to personal preferences, liveries, models etc. Their link is :

http://simviation.com/hjg/main.htm

Very good, quality freeware aircraft and the price is RIGHT! You will have fun in the process, just don't be intimidated by the process the first time. After you've done one, you will be able to put together other aircraft in minutes! Oh, and the L1011 and DC-10 are just a few they have. I have both of them from HJG!!

Enjoy! Rick

E

And HJG expect/hope to be able to prpvide further updates, improvements, and expansions for its recently re-released "freeware" DC-10 flight line .... before the end of the year.

FYI .... a few more "new" DC-10-30 textures were released by HJG yesterday .... as per the website update announcement on its NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS forum page.

Mark C
    HJG

Downwind66 Sounds like fun, thanks.....

aerofoto thanks for the information, I'll have a look...

Make the move when you have the time! Follow the instructions to the "T" on everything. Something that doesn't make sense, read the instructions again. It all comes down to a couple of downloads. You will have a base download that you will download, then, the next download, you will have to pick out what livery you want for your aircraft, that is the fun part! They have panels available for certain aircraft. I didn't use theirs, as I had a list of panels that I have modified and used for awhile and it was just as easy for me to use mine.

It's very gratifying to be able to fly the aircraft that you pieced together! HJG offers payware quality for freeware offerings! How can you go wrong? And like Mark said above, they just added more updates recently and have more coming!

Good luck, I have the L1011, several DC-9's, DC10, B727 and the MD90 that I put together and they are all very pleasant to look at and fly! Enjoy, if you get stumped you can always PM me or they have a forum site available with people willing to help! Like I said, build one, and the rest you want will be a "piece of cake!"

Rick

10. Default

And remember in regard to HJG support ....

The best (official) support for all HJG aupplied simulations is provided "on the HJG website only".

Although we´ve occasioned to assist in regard to very minor issues voiced on other websites when we´ve become aware of these .... support should always be directed to/sought from the HJG website and which is where the brains, and best technical knowledge base for what we produce, can be found and depended upon

Mark C
    HJG
    Last edited by aerofoto; 10-16-2018 at 10:52 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast