Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: FSX - Windows 10 October Update and/or Nvidia Driver Update

1. Default

Fixed!!!! Apparently the DirectX 9 Driver from the reinstall was overriding the current DirectX 12 version. I rename d3d9.dll in the game directory and it launched. I searched online for a similar issue and found multiple threads. After a few repair attempts on the install I was able to reregister the product and expansion. I'm still not sure why it didn't launch after the Windows October Nvidia upgrade. But I went ahead and did a fresh install. Whoever needs to run a fresh install of the software it is still possible to so. Just make sure to install on a new user admin account.

Thanks for the input.

2. Default

Some awesome sauce to add to your wonderful Windows 10 experience that may be relevant.

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2018...data-loss-bug/

Got to love that wonderful QC.

At the top of the website it says: "Upside: more free disk space — ."

But in reality, and since 98% of all updates are NOT needed, your HDD is filling up with useless junk. I read on one computer forum that someone stated there was somewhere in the neighborhood of 20 GB of update crap on their machine!
    Last edited by CRJ_simpilot; 10-07-2018 at 10:53 AM.
    My forum project. Click me
    OOM errors? Read this.
    Pick an Amazon wish list, help a child out
    From RLG, Fly heading 053, intercept 315 DVV, look for the orange glow of a SAM.

Well, come Wednesday my time I shall happily report how things went for me.

Jorgen

Hi, today I have read (in a German computer number) Microsoft stopped the 1809 update till they found the issue that some people with elderly intel proc lost after the update a lot of files. They warned to update 1809 before. I myself updated the update and have no problems
    happy landings! Christian
    Intel i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHZ, 4 Kerne, 16 GB
    MSI RX 480; M. SATA WD 500 GB;
    WD RED PRO 2TB Win 10, 64 bit; FSX Gold Acc.

This technological roller-coaster is a real trip.
    🤞🤞So far everything is good🤞🤞
    GPU: GeForce GTX 1080
    CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K [email protected]
    Memory: 16.00GB Ram
    Resolution: 3840 x 2160, 30Hz Seiki 39” Monitor
    Operating System: Windows 10 Home Edition

Tonight, at 7:00 PM local time (Central European), the much-vaunted Windows 10 October Update came my way.

I have updated 2 of my 3 systems, and so far haven't seen any issues on either of them. The third will be updated tomorrow.

Jorgen

Quote Originally Posted by jorgen.s.andersen View Post
    Tonight, at 7:00 PM local time (Central European), the much-vaunted Windows 10 October Update came my way.

I have updated 2 of my 3 systems, and so far haven't seen any issues on either of them. The third will be updated tomorrow.

Jorgen
    Hi Jorgen, Gratulation and I think you have modern systems?
    happy landings! Christian
    Intel i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHZ, 4 Kerne, 16 GB
    MSI RX 480; M. SATA WD 500 GB;
    WD RED PRO 2TB Win 10, 64 bit; FSX Gold Acc.

My third system was updated this morning, again no problems.

I have been looking over a lot of threads, but so far have not been able to find any common issues with all the systems reported having troubles.

All I can say for sure is that it works fine for me.

Jorgen

Default Windows Update

Quote Originally Posted by igoren View Post
    FSX no longer loads when clicked on the program file. I have already done a full uninstall and reinstall of the FSX software and no luck. The software is simply not loading. I have tried running the software through an admin account and with various compatibility settings upon launch.

As far as it looks. I already have the October 2018 update. It's being pushed out in stages. I have all the features discussed with the 2018 update. So I might be on a fast track channel for the upgrades.

I'm getting a error updating the Nvidia GeForce Experience Software. The last Nvidia driver was pushed about a week ago 9/27/18 which installed correctly (Not sure on version number (GF Experience won't load). GeForce Experience isn't installing correctly so if there is a new driver I haven't installed it yet.

On another note: I updated my X-Plane software and everything seems to work fine.

My next step is to wait for the future updates to come in to see if that remediates the problem.
    Here is something you might try. Download MSFT Patch KB928080, and run that. That fixed my issues.
    MSFT Pushed out an update from Intel, some sort of Sound Driver for the earphone connection in my external monitor for my laptop. This update screwed up all my sound options. First it does not show up in installed programs, so it's not something you can uninstall easy. Next it replaced the drivers blowing them out of the water. So I downloaded the latest driver from ASUS, then installed it, then had to find and disable the intel audio driver in Computer management. Then had to make the speakers in LP the default, and in FSX as well. Then headphones would not cancel speakers, so had to find the headphone control in the Realtek driver panel and fix that as well. This was a pain. No, INTEL, I don't hookup headphones to jack on external monitor, and don't appreciate your driver taking over my system.

As an aside, does anyone know of a "Cargo Loading Addon" for FSX so I can load cargo into the C-17 to achieve max weight. Since all the doors operate via key commands, it would be nice to put some stuff in the plane. Thank you in advance.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2