This is MILTON SHUPE WEEK FOR ME! CHECK THIS BAD BOY OUT!

Someone on here, mentioned Milton Shupe's Howard, and I just now got around to finding it and downloading it. What a hoot this "Bad Boy" is! I will go back on the recent posts and thank that the person who mentioned this download to us! You're right, Mr Shupe did a fine job with this aircraft as well!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]205137[/ATTACH]

Rick

Thanks, Jan, I'm just getting ready to display the 2 extra textures I downloaded. This Howard is a great download! I'm telling you what, this week feels just like Christmas as a kid! All these Milton Shupe toys to play with!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]205143[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]205144[/ATTACH]

Jim, surprised to see you on here. Hope all went well. Just keep an eye on us, make sure we stay out of trouble!

I've got to quit downloading aircraft, just more to transfer when I install the new HDD!

Rick

Rick, there are dozen's of Howard liveries! :cool:

Jan - In going thru downloading these bad boys, come to find out, they say that the Howard is almost a carbon copy of the Lockheed PV-2 Harpoon?

I wonder how that relationship started?

I'll see if can't find more scoop on that little tidbit!

Rick :cool:

" Jim, surprised to see you on here. Hope all went well. Just keep an eye on us, make sure we stay out of trouble! "

It is impossible to keep this motley group completely out of trouble. :o

Jim

Happiness is FSX Steam and Windows 7 . :)

Here we go.. from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howard_500

During the 1950s and '60s, Howard Aero Inc had been remanufacturing military surplus Lockheed Lodestars and Lockheed Venturas for the executive market.

While the Howard 500 bore a strong resemblance to these aircraft, it was a substantially new design, and all 500s had completely new fuselages. The only major components taken directly from its Lockheed forebears were the outer wing panels (from surplus Venturas) and undercarriage (from Harpoons). Howard purchased wing and fuselage jigs from Lockheed to use as patterns for jigs for the new aircraft. The fuselage differed from the Ventura's in being designed from the outset for pressurisation, and the wings were designed wet. The pressurisation system maintained a differential of 46.5 kilopascals (6.75 psi) which was greater than any other prop or turboprop executive aircraft on the market at the time and maintained a sea level cabin pressure at up to 16,000 feet (4,900 m).[1]

The engine chosen was a new, higher-power and lighter-weight version of the Pratt & Whitney R-2800 that had been developed for the Douglas DC-6. Propeller hubs were taken from F4U Corsairs, four-blade propellers and spinners from DC-7s.

The spacious interior of N500HP an executive Howard 500

The Howard 500 could accommodate 10 to 14 passengers with a large window for each. Increased fuel tankage over the PV-2 Ventura gave a maximum range with full reserves of 2,600 miles (4,200 km). Maximum cruising speed was 350 mph (300 kn; 560 km/h) at 21,000 feet (6,400 m). This exceptional performance for a piston engined executive aircraft unfortunately came just as the competing turbo prop designs were coming to the market, and this restricted sales of the type.

The prototype flew in September 1959,[2] and certification was achieved on February 20, 1963.[2] By this time, however, the executive market was already dominated by turboprop aircraft, and although its performance was comparable to (or even better than) these new machines, and its price substantially lower, the Howard 500 could not effectively penetrate the market.[citation needed]

22 Howard 500s were produced initially, with a further eight being converted from earlier PV-2s to virtually the same standard.[3]

Also look at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On_Mark_Marksman

YES, we have this as well from Milton..

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

Rick, try the Beech 18D. :cool::cool::cool: I was first officer in the Howard btw.

Okay, Jan, here's the Beech D18, file d18svc4.zip, in case anyone out there wants it. This is Milton's base aircraft for the D18. There are many repaints which can be had for this file, which I will probably download 1 or 2? This is a very nice download, panel was missing one gauge and broken glass on another one. I borrowed a panel from my DC-3 which works just fine in it. Not as fun as flying the Howard, but it is a keeper!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]205148[/ATTACH]

I got you about being the first officer, I'll go back and check that out. He did look a little joyful, maybe spent some time at the scene of the beer truck accident? Jim is still waiting on his beer! :rolleyes:

Ohhhhhhhhhh, I like that red and black A26. Where did you find that "Bad Boy?"

I should just shut it off now, you'll keep feeding me with all these nice Milton Shupe downloads! :rolleyes:

Jan - I wasn't really happy with the first D18 download, so I found the second one shown, and I will keep this one.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]205160[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]205161[/ATTACH]

I tried to merge both aircraft, but they would not work together, so I settled with the second! :rolleyes:

Archived