Getting started in FSX as a newbie

bearflying88

Hello,

I'm just getting started in FSX as a newbie, I've completed a few of the tutorials within the game so far, but am still working on Landing (I don't see a landing tutorial?)

I've so far been able to take off in a 737, setup the Autopilot in the 737 to GPS to a planned route, but still not the best at taking off and again on landing.

I ordered a Thrustmaster 2960703 T-flight Hotas X Flight Stick and should be getting it tomorrow (as I was previously using a keyboard/mouse to control the plane).

So to summarize:

How do i setup the game to just either A) Setup the game to Land & Takeoff

B) Once i got that figured out where do I go from here?

Thanks

Continue on with the tutorials/missions. There are several that are not too long in duration and concentrate specifically on landing. Sitka Landing, Caribbean Landing, Monsoon Landing, Piper J3 Cub Approach and Landing. These are all setup to practice that "all important" landing.

Keyboard and mouse is no way to fly an airplane! You will be amazed at how well you do with the Flight Stick.

You can save a flight about 10 minutes before landing and fly that over and over again for practice.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I never did a tutorial or anything. I started with FS2004 and just learned all on my own. Now I use FSX. It's just a game and so you can just do what ever and just learn. Then learn how too use the ILS.

Here's a bunch of reading material if you so desire. http://www.flightsimbooks.com/

You can fly in the the Sim as real as you want. I started out with the Lear 45 then moved to the 737. It probably would be prudent to start with the Cessna. When landing just keep the runway between your yoke or legs. Do circuits around the airport. Take off fly left base come full circle and land. Speed up and take off again, repeat. I had to do this constantly to get used to my yoke and pedals.

Hello,

I'm just getting started in FSX as a newbie, I've completed a few of the tutorials within the game so far, but am still working on Landing (I don't see a landing tutorial?)

I've so far been able to take off in a 737, setup the Autopilot in the 737 to GPS to a planned route, but still not the best at taking off and again on landing.

I ordered a Thrustmaster 2960703 T-flight Hotas X Flight Stick and should be getting it tomorrow (as I was previously using a keyboard/mouse to control the plane).

So to summarize:

Thanks

I see you started recently. Did you get FSX Steam Edition? I can't find out where to put my code in. Do you have any suggestions? The instructions in the box and at fsxinsider.com don't correspond to the pages I see. Thank you

Jim

Hello,

So to summarize:

Thanks

The best thing to do is to keep doing those lessons. You can't really learn it by yourself - that would be like teaching yourself to drive at 5 yrs. THere's no one to really tell you when you make a mistake! If you want more, search "Flight Simulator Beginner Tutorials". Doesn't really matter what simulator or plane you're in - all the general concepts are the same.

Archived