RealAir Lancair Legacy-Danbury Municipal to Sikorsky Mem=(ProAtc/x w NavigraphSimlink

Hi Folks,

Did you say “hi” to Scott of A2A at Danbury ? I believe that’s where A2A lives... You should see his nice Comanche and Aerostar parked there...

:)

Seriously - flown into Danbury a few times in real life - fun approach between the hills...

Nice work with the flying and video...

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bJQZKiw.png

Thank you Scott for the view and nice comment! Didn't know thats where A2A lives. Gotta show more support for the home team!

This is my base Airport and your probably one of the pilots that buzzed my house (on one of those hills) a few times.

On approach you need to come close to the Hilltops to land especially in a twin engine beechcraft or turbo. Flying over Lee Farms and Route 7 and not landing short is a challenge thats for sure.

This airport would be a great addition for Orbx because of the hairy approach to Rway 26.

Thanks again!

Hi Scott, checked into A2A and they are located in another "bury" town, Simsbury. Its about 60 miles away from Danbury and they have a sweet little airport that supports the tri-town area.

Here's the link if you want to drop and stop there:

https://www.simsburyairport.com/

Hi Scott, checked into A2A and they are located in another "bury" town, Simsbury. Its about 60 miles away from Danbury and they have a sweet little airport that supports the tri-town area.

Here's the link if you want to drop and stop there:

https://www.simsburyairport.com/

Hi...

Thanks for the info - I had thought someone mentioned Danbury - thanks for looking it up... Yeah - that’s one in the area I haven’t hit...

You live on the hills surrounding Danbury - how cool - I’d be plane watching all day... My last time there I was skating on braking action “nil”... It was kind of an eye opener...

My last trip to CT was this little gem - my shortest field to date as well...

What are you flying ?

c1a591b89d0f9d30faccf6aba937e12c.jpg

Regards,

Scott

bJQZKiw.png

Scott,

BTW is that East Haddam's Goodspeed Airport? Good name if it is.

It's so tiny you're either at a good speed or you're in the drink.

I know have this airport somewhere. How does one misplace an airfield?

Maybe it was an Orbx freeeware one? I have it on my map as one that I own.

Hi...

Hah - I believe you’re the far wiser of the two of us - as coincidence would have it - just ran my plane to my A&P at KMGJ on a Ferry Permit - today - because the engine started making metal at about 600 hours - it needs a new one... This was one seriously expensive flight I made... Like strapping a moderately priced new car to the front end...

Yep - you nailed it - and your Good Speed is so appropriate - East Haddam on the CT river... One of my favorite airports and ORBX does have a freeware one included - use that all the time as well... I spoke with Bill Womack on this - he was intrigued - so he asked me to photograph it - spent the afternoon capturing all I could around the area... While Bills’s plate is very full - he has this in mind for another of his “$100.00 Burger Run” series for payware ORBX...

Anyway - a pleasure chatting with you - next time I fly into Danbury I’ll be the one waving...

Regards,

Scott

bJQZKiw.png

Scott,

BTW is that East Haddam's Goodspeed Airport? Good name if it is.

It's so tiny you're either at a good speed or you're in the drink.

I know have this airport somewhere. How does one misplace an airfield?

Maybe it was an Orbx freeeware one? I have it on my map as one that I own.

bJQZKiw.png

Archived