AI Aircraft Display Problem

eddywinch82

Hi there,

I have an display issue with an AI Aircraft, in FS2004. In the Program AI Aircraft Editor, the Aircraft displays properly, when selected, so it appears

that I have installed, the textures properly. But in FS2004, I select the AI Aircraft in flight, an Airbus A320-200 Laudamotion, and It shows up as the following :- What could cause this issue ? and how do I fix the problem ? Any help would be much appreciated.

Eddie

The Website Link, which shows the Picture, of the problem AI Aircraft, is below :-

Laudamotion AI Aircraft Error

It could be that the Alpha Channel for that livery is too dark, or shouldn't be there at all.

Some models have built-in reflective surfaces and don't need an Alpha Channel in the texture bitmaps.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

• 1 month later...
Many thanks tiger1962 for your reply and info. I have the same issue with another AI Aircraft livery. I managed to find, the same livery for the same airline and AI Aircraft for one of them, by another creator in this Websites File library. And thankfully for that one, the livery displays correctly in FS2004.

Hi tiger1962,

How do I go about enabling the textures to display properly ? All the AI Repaints, that cause the same issue, that I use for FS2004, are converted from FSX .dds format textures and are from FAIB. I have been using the utility, Texture Manager, to convert the textures, using these formats DXT3, .bmp and 1024X1024 pixels. I am assuming these are the wrong ones, for this conversion ? What settings should I be using ? Those settings have worked properly, for all the other conversions I have done.

Regards

Eddie

Hi hgschnell, many thanks for that Website Link, I have fixed the problem, with the repaint for the FAIB A320 IAE. And the livery for Scoot Airlines now displays properly, the problem was due to the unchanged, FSX Alpha Channel. Yes tgibson_new, it was everywhere, in the air and on the ground too.

Hgschnell, where can I download the alpha Channels, for the FAIB A319 AI Aircraft Series ? I have the same issue, with a Cyprus Airways repaint, for the FAIB A319.

Eddie

• 2 weeks later...

I have another issue with some AI Aircraft, I transferred over to FSX from FS2004. They all display correctly, except the domes, on top of the Fuselages, are Transparent i.e. holes show, where the domes supposedly should be. How do I fix that problem ? Is it to do, with what was discussed on this thread ?

Regards

Eddie

If the domes are not textured (i.e they only display the part color) they can become transparent in FSX. There may be a way to fix this with ModelConverterX, but then you would need to Export it in FSX format (FS2004 export is usually not correct). I think it's Special Tools/Burn Material Colors into Textures.

Tom Gibson

CalClassic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.com

Archived