Trike gets down

Stans2Low

That's pretty cool. I always wanted something like that. Maybe a paraglider. Do you need a certain license to fly something like that? Like an experimental license?

Yeah, those power lines are hard to see, and I saw some birds there. Is this California?

It's Nevada. Sport Pilot license required for a trike and other LSA. Just now looked it up. If you already have a pilot's license you only need to apply for it (if i understood it right). Otherwise you need to pass a couple of tests and log 20 hours of flight instruction. Paraglider or other ultralight is 10 hours. There's a place near here they fly out of, I see a lot of trikes flying on the weekends. Might go over there.

I watched some paragliders take off. One flyer had trouble getting his lines untangled. He looked like he wanted to call it quits.

Well, I doubt I'll ever be able to get a pilots license due to a metal health issue I have. So the FAR prohibits me from flying.

Could I still get a Sport pilot license? I doubt there's a medical check with such a license.

Archived