Thread: Trike gets down

1. Default Trike gets down

Nice ride. Wheels get dirty so need to rinse them off from time to time - in the river.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8LC8ES6ogw

That's pretty cool. I always wanted something like that. Maybe a paraglider. Do you need a certain license to fly something like that? Like an experimental license?

Yeah, those power lines are hard to see, and I saw some birds there. Is this California?

My forum project
    OOM errors? Read this.
    Pick an Amazon wish list, help a child out
    Why Windows 10 suxx
    From RLG, Fly heading 053, intercept 315 DVV, look for the orange glow of a SAM.

3. Default

It's Nevada. Sport Pilot license required for a trike and other LSA. Just now looked it up. If you already have a pilot's license you only need to apply for it (if i understood it right). Otherwise you need to pass a couple of tests and log 20 hours of flight instruction. Paraglider or other ultralight is 10 hours. There's a place near here they fly out of, I see a lot of trikes flying on the weekends. Might go over there.

I watched some paragliders take off. One flyer had trouble getting his lines untangled. He looked like he wanted to call it quits.

Well, I doubt I'll ever be able to get a pilots license due to a metal health issue I have. So the FAR prohibits me from flying.

Could I still get a Sport pilot license? I doubt there's a medical check with such a license.

My forum project
    OOM errors? Read this.
    Why Windows 10 suxx
    From RLG, Fly heading 053, intercept 315 DVV, look for the orange glow of a SAM.

5. Default

Driver's license is only health requirement for Sport pilot.

Cool, thanks.

My forum project
    OOM errors? Read this.
    Why Windows 10 suxx