X-plane 11 ROCKS

Guest lavochkin

Guest lavochkin

For 6 months I have been using X-Plane 11. It is the flight simulator of the future. Laminar Research has free software to make a plane and scenery. All scenery library files are all free. The default scenery in x-plane 11 is a 110% better than FSX. After spending thousands of dollars on FSX and FS9 on software that does not work or scenery that looks very bad. I have spent 150 USD on x-plane 11. I have hundreds of free airport scenery, that looks awesome! And free updates for life.

The aircraft are more realistic in flight, takeoffs and landing. 110% better than FSX or FS9.

:p

Welcome to X-Plame 11! ;)

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

Guest lavochkin

bthiago,

I am glad you like P3D V4. Too expensive for me. And even though they have not gone after anyone, I do not like the terms of use that comes with that sim. Cheers!

Ah, then I'll pass then.

I've seen the visuals in X-plane, and while it looks promising I've read different things about it that still has me holding back.

Like all simulators available at present, they all have their strengths and weaknesses, which is why I tend to fly each of the big four at different times (depending on my needs/requirements).

All I would say regarding X-Plane, is to follow its progress. Austin, Ben and the team are constantly improving the environment, so even if it's a sim you don't use at present, it's worth keeping abreast of future developments.

Cheers

Dom

Guest lavochkin

I agree with Dom. I know not every was to going to agree with me when I started to thread. For me, it is all about money. X-Plane 11 gives me the biggest bang for my buck in a 64 bit platform. There is more free stuff for X-Plane than the other sims. Asked a plane developer(Flightsim Developers) that make planes for FSX or FS9 only. I asked them if they would start making planes for X-Plane 11. They told me no, there was no profit in X-Plane 11 because there was too much free stuff available. I agree with that. The software "Make a Plane" comes with X-Plane 11. WED is free software to make Airport scenery.

Just saying.

Hi everyone.

I, typically, try to stay out of these type of topics, but when I see something that seems to me to be quite a bit one sided, without a real good / objective reasoning / justification I tend to chime in for the benefit of others.

I've been a Real World (RW) pilot, and had just about all / every simulator since 1976.

XP11, while somewhat of an improvement over previous versions, still disappoints me.

They seem to take one step forward, in the visuals this time, one step backwards, in the flight model / dynamics.

The developer, LR, does not seem to listen to any of the experienced RW pilots feedback, and just tries to explain the short comings / problems by some obscure explanations, and that will likely end up with this sim never being a decent tool for RW pilots.

As to the 64 vs 32 bit, it does not make a huge difference, assuming the code was written with that restriction in mind. I get much better performance out of MSFSX, in 4K mode, on the same system, than I do in XP11.20. In addition, there a way too many things missing from XP11 to allow me to use it a serious RW tool.

About the cost. XP11 comes with very few aircraft models that are useful, have sufficient fidelity, to be used by RW pilots.

As far as I can see, and know about, which is just about any of the Light GA XP11 has released, None are sufficiently close to the RW performing acft. that you can use to do most of the basic / required Commercial maneuvers.

XP11 / LR has very few acft that are included with the release version and they expect other people to develop aftermarket. The problem with that is they all cost money, some are ridiculously expensive, very few are free, and many cannot keep up with the constant changes in the basic engine, from version to version.

I do hope that someday the developer will start listening, and start taking advice, from customers that have RW experience and not some of the users that try to explain / cover up it's short coming with obscure explanations, just to please the developer.

In closing, if you expect this sim to be useful as a RW tool, XP11 is not there yet, others, older sims can still do a better job.

The aircraft are more realistic in flight, takeoffs and landing. 110% better than FSX or FS9.:p

I find the ground handling of aircraft in XP11 to be laughable. My take-offs are generally associated with a lot of swerving around on the runway and tires squealing etc. Despite having hundreds of hours in real aircraft and thousands in computer flight sims, I still look like a hapless drunk when trying to take off in XP11. It gets especially ludicrous when there is a cross wind. There is no way that aircraft in real life have such wobbly, slippery wheels as they do in XP11.

For example, a comment from a real-world Stinson Pilot on the X-Plane.org forum: BTW> the real L-5 is a thing of beauty. It's ground handling is smooth and easy. It is one of the best flying small aircraft ever made. Well balanced. The XPlane L-5 does not fly anything like the real deal. It's ground handling is horrible. https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/77726-stinson-take-offs/

I can personally vouch for the C172. In real life you can slam the throttle forward in a cross wind take-off and it still feels planted. Try that in X-Plane and it feels like you're on an ice rink.

But then again, flight simulators are not ground simulators and once you're up in the air, XP11 is a joy.

i5-10600K @ 5.0 GHz, Gigabyte Z490M motherboard, RTX 2080 Super 8GB, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, ASUS ROG PG278Q 1440p monitor, CH Products Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pro Pedals, Track IR 5, Oculus Quest 2, Windows 10 64-bit

Guest lavochkin

This is the X-Plane forum? Why do people come here and bash X-plane? I did not post this thread in the FSX section. If you do not have any postive input about X-Plane, Why come here.

Dom, Why all the negativity?

This is the X-Plane forum? Why do people come here and bash X-plane? I did not post this thread in the FSX section. If you do not have any postive input about X-Plane, Why come here.

Dom, Why all the negativity?

Unfortunately, it's what some people do best (playground mentally).

For the rest of us...we simply fly;)

Enjoy X-Plane; it's got a fantastic community and a massive one at that! Don't let other people's negatively spoil your enjoyment, they simply aren't worth it.

At the end of the day, we have Orbx, Just Flight, Carenado and countless others creating modern renditions of both aircraft and scenery (not to mention, the countless amazing freeware on offer) - it couldn't get any better from a virtual pilot's perspective.

Think this has run its course now.

Archived