Just Flight HS-748

skip d

I am running P3dv4.3 and have purchased the HS748.

I find it rather difficult to read the anemometer.

Apparently Just Flight recently changed it.

Is it possible to replace this gauge with a more friendly one ??

Thanks for any help.

Skip D

Anemometer? A Wind speed gauge?

Do you mean Air Speed Indicator?

This was changed in SP2...

I'm sorry....it's the airspeed indicator.

It now shows a dial with several rings and numbers that seem to be in a haphazard config.

The manual skips any information on how this dial works.

The webpage for this payware from JustFlight shows an airspeed indicator that is different...and more readable.

Do you think it's replaceable ??

Thanks

Skip d

You can definitely swap it for the previous version.

As for the ASI being `different,` the dial rotates in the bezel in the normal way, starting from `0` at the bottom. Normal operating speed is around the 180-200 Kts mark, which is just shy of a full rotation from the zero mark. Max cruise speed is 220-240 kts, which is just past the first rotation

The ASI accommodates higher speeds by switching from the `outside` dial to the `inside`dial so `24`. `28` and `32` refers to speed in kts x10 - so 240, 280 and 320 kts, respectively.

As the plane would be crashed by 320 kts the gauge is actually fairly simple to read.

That's really great info. Thanks a lot !!

Now that I see it as you described it makes more sense....as S.Holmes would say "simplicity"

I do like the other dial though....but as far as changing it...I am capable of changing it....but not really

sure where to proceed.

I have 'swapped' gauges before....but I can't find the present one in either the panel.cfg or aircraft.cfg !!

That's really great info. Thanks a lot !!

Now that I see it as you described it makes more sense....as S.Holmes would say "simplicity"

I do like the other dial though....but as far as changing it...I am capable of changing it....but not really

sure where to proceed.

I have 'swapped' gauges before....but I can't find the present one in either the panel.cfg or aircraft.cfg !!

That's not where you find the gauges. They are found in the GAUGES sub-folder, or as an .xml file in the panel .cfg.

Keep on learning how to `read` the gauge you have and it will be easier. It really isnt complicated as unless you are at high altitude cruise, all gauge reading is done from 0-180 during the take-off and climb out phase, or at final approach for landing,

Thanks for the help....

Just one more bit..

Is it possible to keep popup windows (GPS;throttle;overhead;etc.) in the VC after changing views?

Whenever I use the "s" key to go to spot view,then return to the vc....the popups are gone.

Default and payware.

However,in the 2d panels....they will be there when I return....just curious...but if there is a way !!

Thanks

P3Dv4.3

Thanks for the help....

Just one more bit..

Is it possible to keep popup windows (GPS;throttle;overhead;etc.) in the VC after changing views?

Whenever I use the "s" key to go to spot view,then return to the vc....the popups are gone.

Default and payware.

However,in the 2d panels....they will be there when I return....just curious...but if there is a way !!

Thanks

P3Dv4.3

You might be able to achieve this using the Always Visible command in the panel.cfg

https://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv4/sdk/panels_and_user_interface/panels/panel_configuration_files.html

ooopppsss !!!

One thing I forgot to ask....have you any knowledge of this program called "Camera Position X"

Nope. I don't get with the addons that alter the views.

I find the default adjustments can achieve the same, or better, results without affecting other programs.

Thank you Mallcott...

You have been informative as usual

I appreciate your courtesy.

Skip d

It's important to know your sim.

Half of what's out there is simply a front end for an existing sim feature.

Many of those features are not applied by default, but are inherent to the sim options.

All too often, adding those features leads to problems elsewhere - just look at the issues caused with A2A aircraft by EzDok, for example.

Archived