Fsx won't install completely

SABA2000

Hello guys I have a little problem with fsx. When installing it on my computer everything goes well but at a certain point it stops (when installing the last necessary components). All the files get installed properly and when I try to run the game I get no error message which is what really bothers me given the fact that having an error message would tell me what the real issue is. I tried to uninstall the game and install it back but nothing. Even the repair function won't help. Hopr someone can bring un a solution. Thanks in advance

Try another uninstall and reinstall using the procedures outlined here: https://support.precisionmanuals.com/kb/a87/how-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-fsx.aspx .....Doug
Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

You say all files install, the sim starts, and there are no error messages. (What more do you want.)

i don't understand the problem. You say "it" stops. What stops? What is "it"?) And what is happening when it stops? Describe that in a few more words please.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As il88pp suggests, there is some crucial information missing from your report. What version of FSX are you installing? What are the spec for your system? I suggest you are being impatient and expect when you are not seeing any more obvious progress, the installation has stopped when it might be only slow. The MS disk installation is VERY slow and may take from 45 minutes to over an hour depending on your machine specs.

If you wait long enough, you will get an error message during the install or a success message.

If the installer is crashing, that will show up in the Event Viewer.

If you are installing from MS disks, be careful, there is a limited number of installs before you'll have to contact Microsoft licencing to get the installer working again. If you are installing Steam, the Steam app will manage the installation and insure completion. When you finally get an error message, you can contact Steam to have them resolve it.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

I am sorry if I have not been clear enough. The installation process goes well but just before the end it closes and prior to it closing there is no error message. I looked into the folder where fsx is installed and all the files are there but nothing happens when I try to open fsx.

I am sorry if I have not been clear enough. The installation process goes well but just before the end it closes and prior to it closing there is no error message. I looked into the folder where fsx is installed and all the files are there but nothing happens when I try to open fsx.

At the end of installing the first 2 discs, you should get the message to input your product key to authorize your installation. Once that is done then you install the Acceleration disc and follow the same procedure with that product code to authorize Acceleration. Is it the last part that is missing? Are you not getting to where you need to enter the Acceleration Product Code?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

This may be a silly question (or two) but it was my problem.

1) are you running it as administrator?

2) are you installing it in the default location?

1) you MUST do this from what I've read

2) this is not a good idea and makes life difficult for some people. I

I installed mine into a folder on the main drive, but not in Program Files.

Archived