WOAI & GA-Traffic

Prostock

Have never used GA Traffic for FSX, but I have installed almost every WOAI package and don’t see why they wouldn’t work together if every flight plan is an FSX plan with absolutely NO FS9 flight plans in your FSX-SE install. Use AI Flight Planner to convert any FS9 flight plans to FSX format and all should work well (WOAI anyway).

From the program description, GA Traffic should coexist well enough since WOAI is creating traffic at medium to large airports and GA Traffic uses a ‘virtual landing fees’ algorithm to avoid loading up large airports with GA traffic.

Have never used GA Traffic for FSX, but I have installed almost every WOAI package and don’t see why they wouldn’t work together if every flight plan is an FSX plan with absolutely NO FS9 flight plans in your FSX-SE install. Use AI Flight Planner to convert any FS9 flight plans to FSX format and all should work well (WOAI anyway).

From the program description, GA Traffic should coexist well enough since WOAI is creating traffic at medium to large airports and GA Traffic uses a ‘virtual landing fees’ algorithm to avoid loading up large airports with GA traffic.

That sounds good. I would like to hear some other opinions on this subject. I've done some reading and there are more Cons than Pros about using GA Traffic. Frame rates take a huge hit, not sure how it will effect my WOAI installations and the Big Question is, How easy is it to uninstall if it causes problems. I've read that it is not easy if it can be removed at all. Anyone else? Mr. Zippy, Pvarn, Phantom Tweak if you guys see this post and can shed some light please.

Does anyone else have any input on GA Traffic conflicts? Pro's & Con's of GA Traffic if you use or have used it? I have downloaded allot of WOAI and it works good but would like to see more action. I've read some post's where the air traffic is extremely busy, so far mine is not. Thank you for your insight.

Does anyone else have any input on GA Traffic conflicts? Pro's & Con's of GA Traffic if you use or have used it? I have downloaded allot of WOAI and it works good but would like to see more action. I've read some post's where the air traffic is extremely busy, so far mine is not. Thank you for your insight.

I have tons of WOAI, airliners, Cargo, GA, and even some military aircraft buzzing all over the place. My AI sliders are set fairly low...airliners at 36% Ga around 15%. Most GA traffic happens while flying in the mid-west regions of the country and a lot of military while flying over Texass and easterly.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I have tons of WOAI, airliners, Cargo, GA, and even some military aircraft buzzing all over the place. My AI sliders are set fairly low...airliners at 36% Ga around 15%. Most GA traffic happens while flying in the mid-west regions of the country and a lot of military while flying over Texass and easterly.

I have 41 WOAI files Installed. I have sliders all set at 100% or all the way to the right. I have some, not allot of Ground AI but not allot of airborne AI "buzzing all over the place" as you put it. I wish I did, that's what's lacking.

How can I improve the activity?

How do you adjust Airliners, GA Traffic? A screen shot may be helpful.

Also, do you use GA Traffic Program?

How many WOAI files do you have installed if you know? I keep all my Downloaded & Installed files in one folder on my desktop after I install them, I'm anal like that. LOL

Thanks for the help MR Z

I'll respond back about my settings and whatever screenshots showing what you want tomorrow morning after winding up the rubber band on my computer.

I think I have over 80 WOAI and other packages installed.

You can most certainly use GA traffic with commercial traffic. Not only do I have that, but I have a massive amount of AI ship traffic that sail around. This is why a Sim takes so God awful long to start up. It's loading all of that traffic.

There is a great tool to create GA traffic, but I have to go on my desktop to see its name now as I don't remember. But it will create a massive GA traffic file and only use airports that are used mostly by GA. So you won't see a GA plane land at KDEN for example. I utterly hatted that! Talk about holding up the already busy traffic pattern to some slow Cessna.

I hope you converted your WOAI AI flight plans to FSX format. Because if you add FSX formatted flight plans, then only the FS2004 formatted flight plans will show up. You can use AIFP to format plans to FSX format.

I have 130 WOAI aircraft folders in SimObjects and 74 WOAI and a few other traffic files in the World/Scenery/Scenery folder.

Keep in mind if you are flying into or out of Horse's Butt, Texas or Bodiddle, Arkansas, you may not see much in the way of traffic at these airports. Even some of the major international airports in the mid-west may be empty at certain times. Best times at major airports is mornings and early evenings.

I did a quick screenshot about 10 minutes after taking off from KSFO just to show the amount of AI traffic in the area.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]205014[/ATTACH]

Ok, I guess I have enough AI in the area then. I have 103 WAOI in Sim Objects and 41 in Scenery/World?Scenery and when I' flying out of KJFK there are 39 flights in Air Traffic. I guess I was expecting to "Visually" see more around me. Now that I think about it, that would be utter koas for everyone involved. I tried to take a screen shot like you did but every time I tried it wouldn't allow me too. I also tried the sniping tool but the Air Traffic option closed when I brought up the Too. Thanks for sharing MR Z

Ok, I guess I have enough AI in the area then. I have 103 WAOI in Sim Objects and 41 in Scenery/World?Scenery and when I' flying out of KJFK there are 39 flights in Air Traffic. I guess I was expecting to "Visually" see more around me. Now that I think about it, that would be utter koas for everyone involved. I tried to take a screen shot like you did but every time I tried it wouldn't allow me too. I also tried the sniping tool but the Air Traffic option closed when I brought up the Too. Thanks for sharing MR Z

No problem! Keep in mind that what I show in this screenshot is the amount of AI traffic around or near me in a 42 square mile area. Some are flying and some are parked at various airports in the area.

You can most certainly use GA traffic with commercial traffic. Not only do I have that, but I have a massive amount of AI ship traffic that sail around. This is why a Sim takes so God awful long to start up. It's loading all of that traffic.

There is a great tool to create GA traffic, but I have to go on my desktop to see its name now as I don't remember. But it will create a massive GA traffic file and only use airports that are used mostly by GA. So you won't see a GA plane land at KDEN for example. I utterly hatted that! Talk about holding up the already busy traffic pattern to some slow Cessna.

I hope you converted your WOAI AI flight plans to FSX format. Because if you add FSX formatted flight plans, then only the FS2004 formatted flight plans will show up. You can use AIFP to format plans to FSX format.

So my question about GA Traffic is a "Program Called GA Traffic". A download I found at this link. https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/1671/fsx-ga-traffic/

I read that it wreaks havoc with other programs and once installed, there is no way of removing it if it causes problems or you don't like it. I was wondering if anyone uses it with WOAI installation. Supposedly it puts too many GA Traffic into your sim that it overtakes the air ways and ground traffic.

As far as Converting WOAI AI Flight plans to FSX format, the WOAI files I downloaded stated they were for FS9 and FSX so I assumed they were just "Plug and Play"? So to answer your question, NO I did not convert them. Should they have been converted even though the said they would work with FSX ??

Thanks for the info and help on this one CRJ

Yeah, that is the program to generate GA. I don't know where you read it would mess things up, but I have it installed and it has done no such thing. All it does is use a fees system and creates a massive GA traffic file that gets placed into your \Scenery\World\Scenery folder. It will create GA based on runway length and what have you so they should all use just the GA airports and not your major metropolitan airports. If for some reason you don't like it, all you have to do is delete the Traffic-GA.BGL file.

WOAI created most of there flight plans in FS2004 format which will work in FSX, but if you mix FSX and FS2004 traffic files then only the FS2004 traffic files will show up. So if you generate GA flight plans with FSX GA-Traffic and have the WOAI traffic, only the WOAI traffic will show up. You will need to use AIFP and convert all of your WOAI traffic to FSX format. But before you do back it all up into a folder called WOAI original or something.

Make sure that when you use FSX GA-Traffic you select and unselect the proper GA you want flying around your Sim. So you don't want that ultralight trike I think it's called tying up the traffic pattern.

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?277857-How-to-install-World-of-AI-flight-plans-and-covert-them-for-FSX

Okay, I just tried running this program again and I got nothing but Not Responding crap even after running it as Admin. I don't know what happened but it worked before. If you encounter the same problem then I can just give you my GA traffic file. I think it's primarily made up of the default GA aircraft that FSX comes with and maybe a few aircraft you might not have. Regardless, it will still work and just ignore what you don't have. I could also look at what the extra aircraft are. I'd have to open it with AIFP, but since it's around 60 MB that might be an up hill battle with AIFP. I've never opened a file that big before.

Okay, I just tried running this program again and I got nothing but Not Responding crap even after running it as Admin. I don't know what happened but it worked before. If you encounter the same problem then I can just give you my GA traffic file. I think it's primarily made up of the default GA aircraft that FSX comes with and maybe a few aircraft you might not have. Regardless, it will still work and just ignore what you don't have. I could also look at what the extra aircraft are. I'd have to open it with AIFP, but since it's around 60 MB that might be an up hill battle with AIFP. I've never opened a file that big before.

Thanks for all the information. No need to do anything yet CRJ - I ordered a new Computer which I'm expecting on October 16th and I'll be doing a clean install of everything on the new machine. I want to start fresh. I have FSX Steam Edition so it will install on the new machine and hopefully NOT Install what I have on my current Machine, meaning all the add-ons I've downloaded and installed.

Not sure How I will achieve the last statement, I'm thinking I will remove everything from my current computer, will that remove everything from Steam Also? I honestly don't understand how Steam & My PC communicate. I normally use FSX off-line.

I have all my current Downloaded Planes, Scenery's and extra's backed up on an External Hard Drive which I will install to the new machine.

I'm sure I'll be making new posts' with new questions once the machine arrives and I get set up.

Thanks for your feedback and helpfulness. Brian

.........I want to start fresh. I have FSX Steam Edition so it will install on the new machine and hopefully NOT Install what I have on my current Machine, meaning all the add-ons I've downloaded and installed.

……. I honestly don't understand how Steam & My PC communicate. I normally use FSX off-line.

...…….

Hi Brian,

Don't know if you have seen my reply in this THREAD regarding how Steam works.....

As you are starting afresh you will need to individually install the Steam Client and then FSX-SE. Once you have activated -SE you will then be able to add any other Steam based addons, via the client, that you have as they will have their own installers. Any non-steam stuff is installed using their own installers (if provided) or manually as you must have done so before.....

Even if you were not installing onto a new PC but were to carryout a fresh install on your existing PC the process would be the same.....

Regards

Brian

Hi Brian,

Don't know if you have seen my reply in this THREAD regarding how Steam works.....

As you are starting afresh you will need to individually install the Steam Client and then FSX-SE. Once you have activated -SE you will then be able to add any other Steam based addons, via the client, that you have as they will have their own installers. Any non-steam stuff is installed using their own installers (if provided) or manually as you must have done so before.....

Even if you were not installing onto a new PC but were to carryout a fresh install on your existing PC the process would be the same.....

Thanks Brian - Yes, I did see your thread. I will re-read it and see if I can follow it when it comes time to install on the new machine. Yes, it will be like starting over for the most part. A fresh install is sometimes a good thing. Thanks for the info. Brian

LOL

Sorry, I just don't want to see anyone make that fatal mistake. Especially if you have a ton of add-ons and you need to uninstall and do everything all over again.

CRJ - No Need to be sorry. I appreciate it & your stern advice has helped me immensely. I'm sure it won't be the last time I'll be needing a swift kick in the #$* to make me pay closer attention. And be prepared to lend your advice & point me in the right direction in the near future when the New Machine arrives and I start the process of installing everything. It will be bitter sweat. ETA is 10-16-2018. Thanks again

Archived