Help

painda

I'll have to check that out. I don't get any OOM errors right now because I don't have a lot of scenery except ORBX base and some payware add-on airports.

The other option is written in my Sig below.

I'll have to check that out. I don't get any OOM errors right now because I don't have a lot of scenery except ORBX base and some payware add-on airports.

The other option is written in my Sig below.

And what does any of that have to do with FS9?

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Isn't FS9 like FSX a 32 bit application?

Yes.

Does it not suffer from OOMs like FSX as well?

Does FS9 get OOMs? Yes

Like FSX? No, not nearly as common.

Again I ask, what does having ORBX and FSX payware airports have to do with FS9?

Your link to the PMDG article (about FSX) has very little to do with FS9.

I appreciate you willingness to help yet caution the OP against following too far down the rabbit hole.

Dan, turn down you sliders and/or test without any addons.

One thing I have seen in FS9 that I have not seen in X (not that it cannot happen) is a bad afcad file faults FS9 and the message given is an OOM.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

I mentioned the link in my Sig written by PMDG. In that article, if you cared to read, mentions a tool here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/fs-sceditor/

It is for FS9 and FSX. In the article it talks about scenery that despite you ever flying over still gets loaded and can consume your RAM. Thus I mentioned that as of right now I don't have a lot of scenery and payware add-on airports except a few and ORBX base. Not related to FS2004 per say, but I was just saying I don't suffer from out of memory troubles at the moment. I also stated that 4GB patch for .exe's looks promising and that I may have to give that I shot in my Sim if I ever encounter any OOMs. I have just used that patch for my browser to see how it would work.

I mentioned the link in my Sig written by PMDG. In that article, if you cared to read, mentions a tool here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/fs-sceditor/

It is for FS9 and FSX. In the article it talks about scenery that despite you ever flying over still gets loaded and can consume your RAM. Thus I mentioned that as of right now I don't have a lot of scenery and payware add-on airports except a few and ORBX base. Not related to FS2004 per say, but I was just saying I don't suffer from out of memory troubles at the moment. I also stated that 4GB patch for .exe's looks promising and that I may have to give that I shot in my Sim if I ever encounter any OOMs. I have just used that patch for my browser to see how it would work.

I'm not a FSX user as you know but from my understanding, the Steam FSX version and boxed version once patched up already includes the memory fix. It certainly can be useful for other games so good to have it handy.

Mark Daniels

I don't think that's true otherwise the PMDG article would mention that, and I don't recall reading that a patched up FSX means you can use more RAM beyond the physical limitations of a 32 bit application.

The only Sim I know that has been rewritten to utilize more than the 32 bit RAM limit is P3D.

I don't think that's true otherwise the PMDG article would mention that, and I don't recall reading that a patched up FSX means you can use more RAM beyond the physical limitations of a 32 bit application.

The only Sim I know that has been rewritten to utilize more than the 32 bit RAM limit is P3D.

With FS9 you only get 2GB of memory unless you use the utility. FSX boxed had the same 2GB limit but I think with SP2 (maybe it was just Acceleration expansion not sure) along with the Steam version allows 4GB without the need to do anything. That's the limit as you suggest under a 32bit application.

Mark Daniels

Archived