HAAB FSX/P3D problem/Ground

Brew365

Hello, me and my friend have trouble with a scenery that means a lot to me and he. We have come to the point where the ideas are over. We need help to fix it or at least know how. Here you see a problem in the picture. Airport: HAAB

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/490407310309457921/490787399803207680/unknown.png

What have you tried?

Show content of FSX/P3D .cfg. Detail the sims SPECIFICALLY in use with versions.

• 2 years later...

Hi all,

I know this is an old thread, however the issue/s still persist. I have FSX Acceleration, ADE and tried all sorts of polygons, etc. Read posts in different forums, but haven't had any luck. If I place flatten polygons I get an airport with runways up in the air. The stock airport is in a canyon. Now I lived in Ethiopia and know Bole airport pretty well and it's not in a canyon.

Is there any solution to this?

I read on another thread that FSX Planner could resolve the issue, but I don't want to spend money if the thing doesn't work.

Mallcott asked to show the content of fsx.cfg...Do you need the whole thing or a specific section?

I have attached a sample pic of the airport.

Thanks guys and all of the best

GB

Capture.jpg

In this case, I feel that a resurrection of this old thread is justified!

What I would suggest is some replacement mesh of the area, if available. There used to be a free product named FreeMesh, but as far as I can see their website was closed some time ago.

Jorgen

Hi Jorgen and thanks for taking the time to reply. I have freemesh and installed the Africa/horn of Africa terrain meshes as well, but no joy.

I get some airports with runways under the sand and a flattening polygon usually fixes that problem, but this one got me stumped...Tried other HAAB user created airports, but nothing works. I have removed/uninstalled those.

Thanks again and all of the best

GB

I have FSX/Accel and a using the HAAB scenery by Emmanuel Mwandosya (which was developed for FS2004 actually). Fine scenery, no problems.

Cannot say for P3D, as I am not using it.

Anyway - good luck.

Hi Jorgen and thanks for taking the time to reply. I have freemesh and installed the Africa/horn of Africa terrain meshes as well, but no joy.

I get some airports with runways under the sand and a flattening polygon usually fixes that problem, but this one got me stumped...Tried other HAAB user created airports, but nothing works. I have removed/uninstalled those.

Thanks again and all of the best

GB

I have FSX/Accel and a using the HAAB scenery by Emmanuel Mwandosya (which was developed for FS2004 actually). Fine scenery, no problems.

Cannot say for P3D, as I am not using it.

Anyway - good luck.

Hi there and thanks for the reply. I have that specific one as well, but I can't get it to work, did you remove the stock airport or just left it there?

Thanks

GB

Hi there and thanks for the reply. I have that specific one as well, but I can't get it to work, did you remove the stock airport or just left it there?

Thanks

GB

Define "removed the stock airport" :)

If you delete any of the FSX default scenery files, you're bound to run into trouble. Not recommended. In your specific case I suspect, its either a conflict with scenery layers, or probably one of your installed mesh sceneries is not compatible.

Regards

Define "removed the stock airport" :)

If you delete any of the FSX default scenery files, you're bound to run into trouble. Not recommended. In your specific case I suspect, its either a conflict with scenery layers, or probably one of your installed mesh sceneries is not compatible.

Regards

On an afterthought I strongly recommend using a tool named "Scenery Config Editor which is an excellent diagnostic tool for detecting scenery conflicts ,among other uselful functions.

AFAIR its available on sourceforge.

Good luck !

IMO you have different elevations set for the airport and the flattens.

Wim

Hi and thanks for the reply...it certainly looks that way now that you mention it...However, next question would be how to determine what's what?

Airports and elevations are all *.bgl files...??

Thanks again

GB

IMO there's a "revised altitude"-bgl leftover in Scenery\World\scenery.

Check for any files mentioning HAAB in that folder and delete them.

In fact, better to remove everything you've tried and we'll go through the correct process.

Problem with HAAB is that the FSX mesh is far off, and they've lowered the airport to make it fit into the wrong mesh. So when using a correct mesh (like FreeMeshX) the airport will be in a canyon.

This is what you should see when flying over the default airport with FreeMeshX enabled.

If you see something else, you still need to check for leftovers.

INBasds.png

Now to correct this, open ADE and load the stock HAAB airport.

File -> Open Stock Airport

Find HAAB and open it.

First, set the airport elevation to it's correct value.

Tools -> Change Airport Reference Data -> Change elevation to 2324 m/7625ft (found on any RW chart) -> Change + OK to the next dialog box.

p0hJeK4.png

Now we'll draw two polygons (click the icon with the green polygon in ADE toolbar).

End the polygons by double-clicking, then add the properties as shown + OK.

kbRcOtY.png

aK5jwnJ.png

Save the airport, and compile it to Addon Scenery\scenery (or another active scenery folder).

The result:

RG4b25j.png

The crucial step is to change the airport elevation before adding the polygons.

BTW if you do this without FreeMeshX installed, HAAB will be on a plateau now.

Wim

Edited by f16jockey_2
b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

Ah..Absolutely marvelous....Thanks for that, It worked...I'm missing the buildings/hangars, etc. But that's OK I can edit and or add or use other HAAB airports now that I know what to do.

If anyone is in the same trouble, now they know what to do. Thanks again for the help, much appreciated.

Thanks again and all of the best.