BOOST HELP HALO 4: YSS-1000 Sabre Starfighter

Prostock

I downloaded this YSS-1000 Sabre Starfighter and I'm having trouble figuring out how to get boosters to work. Not able to follow directions in the readme file. Link for plane below if you want to give it a shot. Thanks for any help.

DIRECTIONS: - BOOSTERS -

!!! you will need to assign the "Concorde Re-heat " key to use boosters !!!

... there is also a BOOST gauge in the VC that engages boosters if you like

to Drop out of boost, simply move the throttles to a new setting

https://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=HALO+4%3A+YSS-1000+Sabre+Starfighter&x=13&y=15

20180915202751_1.jpg

I downloaded this YSS-1000 Sabre Starfighter and I'm having trouble figuring out how to get boosters to work. Not able to follow directions in the readme file. Link for plane below if you want to give it a shot. Thanks for any help.

DIRECTIONS: - BOOSTERS -

!!! you will need to assign the "Concorde Re-heat " key to use boosters !!!

... there is also a BOOST gauge in the VC that engages boosters if you like

to Drop out of boost, simply move the throttles to a new setting

https://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=HALO+4%3A+YSS-1000+Sabre+Starfighter&x=13&y=15

Why are you not able to follow the directions? The key referred to should be sitting in your default list, only unassigned to a key allocation. All you have to do is change the key allocation.

Why are you not able to follow the directions?

Hey Mark,

He is not able to follow the instructions because that command does not exist in FSX. In fact, I think you have to go back to FS8 to find that command. Guess you do not know everything, do you?

Prostock, try using the key for TOGGLE AFTERBURNER.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Hey Mark,

He is not able to follow the instructions because that command does not exist in FSX. In fact, I think you have to go back to FS8 to find that command. Guess you do not know everything, do you?

Prostock, try using the key for TOGGLE AFTERBURNER.

peace,

the Bean

Thank you String Bean. I have learned to bite my tongue when someone makes other than helpful remarks because if I don't, posts mysteriously disappear.

Although I am not new to FSX it's been 12 years since I played the "game" and have forgotten all I knew what keys and controls do what. So I thought I would ask the question here and get a helpful answer & maybe help someone else out plus help keep FSX alive. Thanks to you, Mr. Zippy and Phantomtweak for being helpful.

So, I guess the logical thing to do from here forward is google my questions to get the answer which I had to do in this case because your suggestion didn't help due to the fact I didn't even know what the key for "TOGGLE AFTERBURNER" was. This was the result of my question in Google Search = "Press "Shift+F4" to turn on the afterburner for the F-14 Tomcat, which is available as an add-on."

I apologize for my lack of knowledge about the game, controls, keys, scenery, addon's, how to do this and that. But with the help of you and the others I mentioned, I've come leaps and bounds in my knowledge base in the past 2 months or so since decided to uninstall my old box edition and purchase FSX-SE from Steam. I'm sure I'll have to resort to asking more, what might seem like basic common sense questions to some, in the future. So please bare with me if I can't get the answer from Google or elsewhere.

Again, thanks for the help to the helpful. Appreciated

Archived