Thrust and AP issues

flightquarters

1. Thrust issue.

I use to be able to move the throttle just a bit and, the Aircraft would move just a little making taxing easier. Now all of a sudden when i move the throttle just a bit, the Engine goes to max power. The only way i can slow the Aircraft down, is to hit the F1 key. This also happens when i change views from cockpit to spot view, the Aircraft goes to max power and out of control...what gives!

2. AP issue.

On final i usually disconnect the AP at about one mile out and, fly the rest of the approach to the runway by hand. Now when i disconnect the AP the Aircraft nose dives towards the ground, causing me to crash i have no time to lift the nose and go around.

What the heck is going on here?

Need help!

No replys? Probably because they are waiting until you calibrate your joystick, reinstall FSX, or get a new PC (ha). The statement '..I used to be able...' indicates you changed SOMETHING. But what? I can be wrong, but sometimes I am right. So I will say this (hopefully to prevent you from re-installing FSX, and/or getting a new controller (or taking apart the joy to 'lubricate' it), or maybe even buying a new PC) ... it sounds like you WERE starting FSX with the C-172 as the default flight, and now ('...I used to be able...') you are starting FSX with a 3rd party aircraft as the default aircraft. I agree if you say 'it can't be that simple!'. But sometimes it is. Hope you figure it out. Cheers.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

1. Thrust issue.

I use to be able to move the throttle just a bit and, the Aircraft would move just a little making taxing easier. Now all of a sudden when i move the throttle just a bit, the Engine goes to max power. The only way i can slow the Aircraft down, is to hit the F1 key. This also happens when i change views from cockpit to spot view, the Aircraft goes to max power and out of control...what gives!

2. AP issue.

On final i usually disconnect the AP at about one mile out and, fly the rest of the approach to the runway by hand. Now when i disconnect the AP the Aircraft nose dives towards the ground, causing me to crash i have no time to lift the nose and go around.

What the heck is going on here?

Need help!

Your saved flight is corrupt. Change it.

1. The throttle problem sounds as if you have speed control enabled, perhaps from a saved flight.

2. Sounds as if you've been fighting the AP a little, resulting in the AP changing trim to fight back. Then when disengaging the AP the modified trim takes effect.

If these turn out to not be the answer, then take another look at Chuck's post above, as something has certainly changed to cause your problems, whether it is a change in default flight with something set goofy, or whether one or more peripherals (stick, etc.) have either gone bad or been replaced or need calibration; perhaps you've got a new add-on of some sort.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

They ARE helping you. They're giving possible causes of the problems you're experiencing, and offering possible fixes to them. What more help do you want?

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Don't seem like you are interested in helping me, thanks a lot anyway.

Are you looking for magic? Did you even read the posts above? Since we are not right by your side, and cannot see your screen or what you are doing when you encounter the problems, we can only take what you have described in your post and suggest possibilities, which you must then check out. Then you must get back to us with the results of your attempts at our suggestions. We can't do it for you.

Or perhaps you can tell us what you actually expected?

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Don't seem like you are interested in helping me, thanks a lot anyway.

That's the way most of the posters are here on Flightsim...

Grumpy old menchildren

If you want their help, you have to be able to take the abusive snide remarks first

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Ahhh, so YOU'RE the one with the real help...

Name calling shouldn't be on this forum at all. Note that help was attemted, THEN the OP made a remark that indicated he'd not read or had ignored the helpful attempts.

Back off, dogdish.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Archived