New Freeware Download, Manifold Pressure gauge Dead!

Downwind66

Will download and look at it in the morning.

Mr Z - Second time this week that I thought something wasn't working, only to walk away from it for an hour or so, come back and the $&5# thing is working fine. Sorry to bother you, I hope you read this before you go to the trouble of downloading this! Thanks.

One thing that I did notice with this download, the tailwheel shakes the whole aircraft on takeoff roll. Once it's off the ground, all is calm like it's supposed to be. Every come across that one? Not worried too much about it, just whenever you run out of people asking for help who really didn't need help in the first place!:confused:

Thanks Charlie! Rick :cool:

Shopping Cart-itis?
Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Hey, Rick! This is the same P-51D that I already have in my hangar. No manifold pressure problems and no problem with the tailwheel on takeoff. Good flying aircraft;)

I am glad yours is without issues. I did get the Manifold Pressure working. Took that bad boy up, tailwheel shook pretty good until I got it off the ground. All was good, yes, nice flying aircraft, then I landed, soon as the tailwheel touched down, I thought I would lose some fillings in my mouth. It's almost like in RW where you would suspect a wheel being out of balance. Oh well, I'll keep kicking it around!

Maybe, I should try downloading it again?

I am glad yours is without issues. I did get the Manifold Pressure working. Took that bad boy up, tailwheel shook pretty good until I got it off the ground. All was good, yes, nice flying aircraft, then I landed, soon as the tailwheel touched down, I thought I would lose some fillings in my mouth. It's almost like in RW where you would suspect a wheel being out of balance. Oh well, I'll keep kicking it around!

Maybe, I should try downloading it again?

Where are you flying out of?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Where are you flying out of?

Charleston, SC, KCHS RWY 33. I tried another airport, same thing. I reloaded , same thing.

Do me a favor, when you have some idle time:confused: try taking off, have an external view and watch the tail section down to the tailwheel and see if you see it, also, a whole lot of smoke coming from the tail wheel, should not be happening either?

Thanks, Charlie, and let me know your findings, if any!

Rick :cool:

I have done that and don't really see any tailwheel chatter. I do see the smoke. Post a screenshot, maybed of a closeup of the tailwheel without the akircraft moving. Possibly a slight up or down adjustment will clear things up?

On takeoff, I reach 60-65 knots fairly quickly and the tailwheel lifts off and off we go!

I have done that and don't really see any tailwheel chatter. I do see the smoke. Post a screenshot, maybed of a closeup of the tailwheel without the akircraft moving. Possibly a slight up or down adjustment will clear things up?

On takeoff, I reach 60-65 knots fairly quickly and the tailwheel lifts off and off we go!

Got it, Charlie! I kept looking at the aircraft config, I dropped the tailwheel by .05, didn't help.

I went to the forcefeedback section of the aircraft.cfg and silenced // all the ground bump entries, and now you could eat off the hortizontal stabilizer!!

I don't know which one was giving me a problem, I'll just leave them silenced for now!

I do like that aircraft! I doctored up the panel a bit as it was missing some items. It is definitely a keeper for me now!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]204904[/ATTACH]

Thanks - Rick

Tailwheel lock?

Mr Z - Well, I have tried just about everything, but last night, I tried the Shift +G again to lock the tailwheel, opened an external view and it worked like a charm! Tried this several times, and still no shaking at the tail wheel. BUT, what a pain that will be to every time I takeoff or land. Would be nice if I could have a way of creating a shortcut to make this automatic, but then I might be locking it down for landing which might not be a good thing to do? Your thoughts?

Thanks - Rick

Mr Z - Well, I have tried just about everything, but last night, I tried the Shift +G again to lock the tailwheel, opened an external view and it worked like a charm! Tried this several times, and still no shaking at the tail wheel. BUT, what a pain that will be to every time I takeoff or land. Would be nice if I could have a way of creating a shortcut to make this automatic, but then I might be locking it down for landing which might not be a good thing to do? Your thoughts?

Thanks - Rick

Make it party of your checklist of things to do when flying the P-51. Probably something the real pilots have to do?

Thanks Charlie, do you have to lock yours down? I can live with the checklist thing, at least no more shakes!

Rick :cool:

Don't fly it that often, so it never bothered me that much. I tend to fly from the cockpit, not in outside view.

Don't fly it that often, so it never bothered me that much. I tend to fly from the cockpit, not in outside view.

Yes, I do too, once I know there are no issues with the download. I tried flying this P51 from the cockpit before an outside view, and it wanted to throw me out of the cockpit, similiar to when a bucking bronco wants to throw it's rider. Definitely told me something wasn't right!

Oh well, mystery solved, until the next one! Rick :cool:

Archived