Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New Freeware Download, Manifold Pressure gauge Dead!

Quote Originally Posted by Downwind66 View Post
    I am glad yours is without issues. I did get the Manifold Pressure working. Took that bad boy up, tailwheel shook pretty good until I got it off the ground. All was good, yes, nice flying aircraft, then I landed, soon as the tailwheel touched down, I thought I would lose some fillings in my mouth. It's almost like in RW where you would suspect a wheel being out of balance. Oh well, I'll keep kicking it around!

Maybe, I should try downloading it again?

Thanks Charlie! Rick
    Where are you flying out of?
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

Quote Originally Posted by mrzippy View Post
    Where are you flying out of?
    Charleston, SC, KCHS RWY 33. I tried another airport, same thing. I reloaded , same thing.

Do me a favor, when you have some idle time try taking off, have an external view and watch the tail section down to the tailwheel and see if you see it, also, a whole lot of smoke coming from the tail wheel, should not be happening either?

Thanks, Charlie, and let me know your findings, if any!

Rick

I have done that and don't really see any tailwheel chatter. I do see the smoke. Post a screenshot, maybed of a closeup of the tailwheel without the akircraft moving. Possibly a slight up or down adjustment will clear things up?

On takeoff, I reach 60-65 knots fairly quickly and the tailwheel lifts off and off we go!
    Last edited by mrzippy; 09-15-2018 at 11:45 AM.

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

Cool

I have done that and don't really see any tailwheel chatter. I do see the smoke. Post a screenshot, maybed of a closeup of the tailwheel without the akircraft moving. Possibly a slight up or down adjustment will clear things up?

On takeoff, I reach 60-65 knots fairly quickly and the tailwheel lifts off and off we go!
    Got it, Charlie! I kept looking at the aircraft config, I dropped the tailwheel by .05, didn't help.
    I went to the forcefeedback section of the aircraft.cfg and silenced // all the ground bump entries, and now you could eat off the hortizontal stabilizer!!

I don't know which one was giving me a problem, I'll just leave them silenced for now!

I do like that aircraft! I doctored up the panel a bit as it was missing some items. It is definitely a keeper for me now!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018-9-15_13-47-55-827.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	379.3 KB 
ID:	204904

Thanks - Rick
    Last edited by Downwind66; 09-15-2018 at 02:51 PM.

Well, it lasted for that one takeoff. Maybe I babied it coming on with the throttle, the time it did work, anyway, I'm not going to worry about it!

Rick

Tailwheel lock?
    Mr Z - Well, I have tried just about everything, but last night, I tried the Shift +G again to lock the tailwheel, opened an external view and it worked like a charm! Tried this several times, and still no shaking at the tail wheel. BUT, what a pain that will be to every time I takeoff or land. Would be nice if I could have a way of creating a shortcut to make this automatic, but then I might be locking it down for landing which might not be a good thing to do? Your thoughts?

Thanks - Rick

Mr Z - Well, I have tried just about everything, but last night, I tried the Shift +G again to lock the tailwheel, opened an external view and it worked like a charm! Tried this several times, and still no shaking at the tail wheel. BUT, what a pain that will be to every time I takeoff or land. Would be nice if I could have a way of creating a shortcut to make this automatic, but then I might be locking it down for landing which might not be a good thing to do? Your thoughts?

Thanks - Rick
    Make it party of your checklist of things to do when flying the P-51. Probably something the real pilots have to do?

Make it party of your checklist of things to do when flying the P-51. Probably something the real pilots have to do?
    Thanks Charlie, do you have to lock yours down? I can live with the checklist thing, at least no more shakes!

Rick

Thanks Charlie, do you have to lock yours down? I can live with the checklist thing, at least no more shakes!

Rick
    Don't fly it that often, so it never bothered me that much. I tend to fly from the cockpit, not in outside view.

Don't fly it that often, so it never bothered me that much. I tend to fly from the cockpit, not in outside view.
    Yes, I do too, once I know there are no issues with the download. I tried flying this P51 from the cockpit before an outside view, and it wanted to throw me out of the cockpit, similiar to when a bucking bronco wants to throw it's rider. Definitely told me something wasn't right!

Oh well, mystery solved, until the next one! Rick

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2