finding airport information in X plane11, does Unicom work?

TKessel

I finally decided to try X plane, after using FS 5.1 to FSX over the past 20+ years.

I am getting more used to the way it works after 2 days, but something I can't find out on my own, yet, is there a way to get airport information like in FSX. That is, in FSX I use the map to find an airport, click on it, and I get runway information, ILS frequencies, etc. If I am flying to an airport in X plane, how can I find out the ILS frequencies and runway heading for example. (last night I used Google!)

I also miss the somewhat realism of letting other VFR aircraft know I am landing at an airport. I see ATC and a way to contact center, but I want something more local and GA.

Thanks, Ted

I finally decided to try X plane, after using FS 5.1 to FSX over the past 20+ years.

I am getting more used to the way it works after 2 days, but something I can't find out on my own, yet, is there a way to get airport information like in FSX. That is, in FSX I use the map to find an airport, click on it, and I get runway information, ILS frequencies, etc. If I am flying to an airport in X plane, how can I find out the ILS frequencies and runway heading for example. (last night I used Google!)

I also miss the somewhat realism of letting other VFR aircraft know I am landing at an airport. I see ATC and a way to contact center, but I want something more local and GA.

Thanks, Ted

Hi Ted,

You can use the map function which comes with X-Plane 11:

Cessna_172SP_15.jpg

Cessna_172SP_14.jpg

Hope that helps;)

Cheers

Dom

Archived