Thread: Instrument charts for FSX?

1. Default Instrument charts for FSX?

Charts that match the old FSX world (at least continental U.S)? I see where this question was asked in the sticky, but didn't seem to get an answer.

Were they ever archived?

2. Default

I don't know about the old FS world, but charts can be had at Flightaware.

My forum project
    OOM errors? Read this.
    Pick an Amazon wish list, help a child out
    Why Windows 10 suxx
    FS2004 and FSX are CPU ORIENTATED games. Don't go hog wild on a GPU! Won't matter.
    From RLG, Fly heading 053, intercept 315 DVV, look for the orange glow of a SAM.

3. Default

FSCharts.com has airport info (rwys, ILS freqs, nearby beacons, waypoints, etc) that are very close to the FSX era. Somehow the author was able to write programs that read FS AFD files (it says) and create graphic displays.

Very slick, but I think the pilot has bailed out on this site and it is running on autopilot. One of these days it will simply disappear.

Anyone else written such programs?

4. Default

Learn to use https://skyvector.com/

Charts of all types, IAPs, SIDs, STARS. Great planning tool

5. Default

skyvector.com shows today's world, not the FSXSE world. Many beacons have gone dark between FSXSE and now. Airport runways have changed. Magnetic North has moved.

Many old basic airport charts are available in flightsim.com file downloads "apchrts1" & "apchrts2". And there are 2005 sectional charts, such as "us_secp7", but the graphic files are skewed; the doc says they are supposed to be used with something called FSM Moving Map, which I have not gotten to work yet.

Again, the best tool would be something like FSCharts.com that reads actual FSX files and displays the world you are actually flying.

6. Default

I don't even have to use FSchrats. I run LittleNavMap on a second monitor and just look there. And most of the time the ILS frequency, etc is in the GPS.

My forum project
    OOM errors? Read this.
    Why Windows 10 suxx
    FS2004 and FSX are CPU ORIENTATED games. Don't go hog wild on a GPU! Won't matter.
    From RLG, Fly heading 053, intercept 315 DVV, look for the orange glow of a SAM.

7. Default

+1 LittleNavmap and it’s free!

8. Default

PlanG shows the fs data

9. Default

I use FSAero data (payware), which along with Navigraph updates the FSX Steam system to today's reality.

It's all in what you like, NDBs are fine, but I also like using modern FMS SIDs & STARs thru the FMS in several airliners at times.

10. Default

When I flew the PMDG 737 in FS2004 I used FSBuild to create the SID and STARs for both the FMC and the Sim. I could then use ATC, but right before the STAR, ATC would vector you off. So you never have real STAR-like approaches. Of course there is an add-on that does this. Can't remember it's name, but I didn't care for it. I'd rather fly in VATSIM. Which I have done.

My forum project
    OOM errors? Read this.
    Why Windows 10 suxx