Library

Iron Horse

Salutations_

I am having a bit of difficulty, and am hoping someone can point me out of my comedy of errors. My phone is my online portal. My computer is....old and not online capable. I have wanted to download a plane from the Calclassic website for several months now, but it told me I had to be logged in here to get it. So I logged in, and went back to the site. When I would click on the download, all I would get would be a white screen with nothing going on. Fine. I figured I would just wait until I got somewhere where they had a modern computer with internet, and get it then. Fast forward 2 years. Wednesday I got back on that site, and actually read some of the information therein, to discover that the plane may be downloaded here! Now, I have been searching (with my phone), for two evenings trying to find just the library! Where in the nine hells am I going wrong??!? Even putting library in the search engine yeilds nothing useable, as far as I can tell. Maybe I'm using it wrong, I don't know. Pointers with a Big Chief tablet and a box of Crayolas would be graciously appreciated! I have downloaded aircraft with this phone before without problems, so I have just gotta be missing something simple. I just don't know what.

Thanks in advance,

Jon

Hi guys!

il88, both of those links lead me to a white blank page. Nothing ever loads after the page is generated. I tried refreshing 2 or 3 times with the same result.

Darrell, I screen shot the forum home page, and the pre(?)forum page. The one with profile, wiki, notes, and forum etc. To show that for me at least there is no link at all on either to the library. However I can find no way to attach said photos, even from the advanced page. At least from this phone (LG V10). Grrr.

Ok, you are not going to believe this, but apparently the mobile site defaults to a truncated version. At the very bottom of the screen, is a little blue line that says "view full site. Everything shows up. I gotta zoom way in to read anything, but it's all there. Holy mackeral, what a mess!

Thanks guys for your help, I really appreciate it!

Jon

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Tom,

Just a quick question. I got everything downloaded and placed correctly... I think... Textures with the other textures and copy and paste the necessary lines into the Aircraft cfg file as per the only instructions All the other planes load like they're supposed to, but when I select the Santa Fe DC-4, the screen comes up with a message: "Aircraft initialization failure. JBK Douglas_DC4 Santa Fe Skyway".

And a close button. I'm flummoxed. Any suggustions?

That usually means that the model= or sim= line in that livery section of the plane's aircraft.cfg file does not point to a valid model folder or AIR file (respectively) in the plane's folder. Check those two lines and make sure they are the same as a plane that loads properly.

Hope this helps,

Tom Gibson

CalClassic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.com

Archived