Thread: FSX default 737/FMS vs X plane 11 default

Cool FSX default 737/FMS vs X plane 11 default

I'm not quite sure where to post this, so I'll start here and a mod can move it if need be.

I'm OK in FSX using the GPS for flights, using the flight planner and interacting with the sometimes problematic ATC. Back when I had (I think.) FS 2002 I had a payware aircraft with a working FMS, which I was able to use, though it was somewhat awkward for me.

I thought I'd like to try it again, but in the default FSX 737 the FMS seems to be inop, I can't get it to wake up. Maybe there's a button somewhere, but maybe it really is inop… I thought about buying a payware aircraft for FSX, but then I thought maybe I've thrown enough $$ at FSX, and I should try something else. X plane 11 looks pretty good, and I think some of the default aircraft already have a working FMS. Also, in FSX, even if I get a payware aircraft with FMS, I'm not sure what kind of scoldings I might get from ATC.

- Ted

Lightbulb

There is a free one here you can use. Its easy and comes with distructions too
    https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib...rchid=66132831
    Happy Flyin... AD

The link seems to be incomplete or broken, as it doesn't work for me. - Ted
    Last edited by TKessel; 09-08-2018 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TKessel View Post
    The link seems to be incomplete or broken, as it doesn't work for me. - Ted
    Ted, he was probably trying to link this download...... fmc-1.zip in the Library.
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

Thanks, got it! - Ted

6. Default

Hey "T", the default X-plane11 737 and MD-82 have pretty good FMS's and there are plenty of YouTube tutorials for them. The autopilots are a bit different on X-plane11 but not too bad. And yes the FSX FMC is completely non-functional.

If you're looking for a realistic FMC in a 737, then check out the PMDG 737NGX. Watch some of the YouTube videos and you might be pleasantly surprised.

You don't want to mess with FS' default junk except the Cessna. The Lear 45 is alright, but it too lacks a lot, including the FMC. I am searching for a good FMC myself for my planes that can use the nav data from Navigraph. I'd like to use my F-22 Raptor in VATSIM, but with just a GPS I can't fly height and speed restrictions and crossing a transition, etc. There is VasFMC, but I have yet to mess around with it.

As far as I'm concerned, if a payware plane that in real-life has a FMC, then it sure should have one in the payware aircraft.

My forum project
    OOM errors? Read this.
    Pick an Amazon wish list, help a child out
    Why Windows 10 suxx
    From RLG, Fly heading 053, intercept 315 DVV, look for the orange glow of a SAM.