Taxiway signs in the wrong place

shadowfaxcrx

I know this is an issue with FSX and Orbx, and I'm guessing it's the same with P3Dv4 and Orbx:

tsignsmall.jpg

This is KABQ. You can see the taxiway sign on the taxiway, and also the one way off in the grass.

Currently have Orbx global base/vector and the airport pack (which is what I'm guessing is conflicting with the default airport).

Is there a way to disable the default airports where the airport pack replaces them without doing it one at a time? Going through 750+ airports would be somewhat of a chore.

I've done a search on the problem but most of the results are for FSX, and I don't want to follow them and screw something up in P3D.

I'm also guessing that fixing this will solve the problems I've been having with grass showing up where pavement should be? For instance, there's a lot of grass in the cargo terminal areas at KLAX...

Thanks

I know this is an issue with FSX and Orbx, and I'm guessing it's the same with P3Dv4 and Orbx:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]204785[/ATTACH]

This is KABQ. You can see the taxiway sign on the taxiway, and also the one way off in the grass.

Currently have Orbx global base/vector and the airport pack (which is what I'm guessing is conflicting with the default airport).

Is there a way to disable the default airports where the airport pack replaces them without doing it one at a time? Going through 750+ airports would be somewhat of a chore.

I've done a search on the problem but most of the results are for FSX, and I don't want to follow them and screw something up in P3D.

I'm also guessing that fixing this will solve the problems I've been having with grass showing up where pavement should be? For instance, there's a lot of grass in the cargo terminal areas at KLAX...

Thanks

Nothing wrong there to me. The taxiway is part of a complex series of turns leading one to the correct taxiway. It just so happens there is an adjacent taxiway.

Well... I mean, there are no real-world taxiways where the sign is right where the main gear is going to ram into it, and there aren't many where the sign is 50 feet off to the side of the taxiway either...

There isn't?

260px-Ben_Gurion_International_Airport_4_taxiway_signs.JPG

0b4cb0416e2590e5cb6bf48c819be87d8c1f8b44_1_690x458.jpg

It may not be common, but where there are intersecting taxiways the taxiway sign can be used to differentiate the traffic, regardless of the surface beneath... and as for `50 feet off to the side of the taxiway` - that's common where there is no confusion about the ID of the taxiway, or there is a tight turn onto or off of, the taxiway.

This is particularly common on larger airports, where aircraft with large wingspans are making tight turns.

The fact the taxiway sign is on the grass means it's a mess up. I've noticed this in both FSX and FS2004. You would have to edit the afcad with ADE. Or you in fact have overlapping afcads.

This may or may not work in P3D. But if it works it should tell you that you have overlapping airports.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/fs-sceditor/

Full disclosure: I've never used this tool before.

No, the worst thing that can happen is that you restore a backup. :D I make many backups of my Sim and computers.

That tool I gave a link to may or may not show duplicate airports. I haven't used it, and I don't know if it will work in P3D, it may. Also, and like I said, some airports are made like crap and I've seen my fair share of taxiway signs all over the place up to and including in the middle of the taxiway. Good thing I don't fly with crash settings o anymore.... Ghesh.

Here ya go! This is what will work for P3D. http://www.scruffyduck.org/simple-airport-scanner/4584282795

If there isn't a dup, then you have a crap afcad for that airport. Try an updated airport, or you'll have to edit it with ADE.

Hey thanks! Really appreciate you taking the time. I'll try that one tonight.

I'm thinking it might be Orbx's "750 free airports" download that you get when you have their Global Base product. I'd hate to lose that, but I suppose the sacrifice would be worth it.

I've been trying crash-detect on again in p3d. I only disabled crashes with other aircraft so that the stupid ground vehicles won't ram me. So far it's working well, but if I start hitting invisible walls again like you do in FSX I'll turn it off here too.

Archived