P3Dv3 2d panels

yotuke

I have v3 academic, Ihave the PMDG 737 and 747,Carenado A36 Bonanza. I understand the F9 andF10 key commands,

however no 2d panels show up. Also in the menu bar when I switch to cockpit view I get a forward view,but no panel.

I use FSX on a different computer ,but am trying to move over to P3D. I find it diffucult to access the AP,altitude,rate of

climb.radio's etc. too much zooming and panning for me.I looked in key commands but didn't see what I was looking for

which were popup's.

I need to have 2d panels. I also put a 777 FSX plane in that had a 2D panel in FSX, but had a 3D panel in P3Dv3,

I just copied it over to P3D. Project Opensky Boeing 777-200LRF\nVersion 2-2008.1.0 The plane and panel showed up

fine, the only problem the wheels were below ground level in spot plane view unless I panned down to ground level.

I have some other questions no related to this topic,I will post another thread, one is not alot of choices for freeware planes.

Thanks for any help you can give me on this question,

Charles Rickard

Nvidia GTX 1070,DDR5 8GB

i7-7700,3.6 GHz

Windows 10 Home

HDD 2TB+M.2 PCIE 256GB 1

The "S" and "A" keys will cycle through the views. Just start the sim and use S to cycle through each major view. Use the A key to cycle through the sub views available in each major view.

2D panels are the function of the aircraft developer not P3D specifically so if the a/c dev did not include one, there isn't one. 2D full panels are slowly being fazed out. AS far as popups for radio, AP etc- that is also a function of the a/c. ome have them and some do not.

Do not just copy an a/c from FSX to P3d - they generally do not work even if they do show up in the list. You MUST use the installer provided by the developer. P3D is 64bit and FX is 32bit for starters.

There are lots of freeware aircraft and scenery available, just check various websites.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

2D panels are still preferred by some flight simmers who don't care for the way virtual panels are viewed via sim camera controls, not to mention the "can't read the instruments" views that sometimes occur. Though not as widespread as pre-P3D days, talented aircraft developers like Phillipe Wallaert, the Historic Jetliners Group, and even some commercial vendors still provide 2D panels for our enjoyment. Not as common as before, sure, but hardly "being phased out".

As I said - being phased out. There are some but the majority of devs for P3d are not using 2D panels. Perhaps there will be someone who develops a generic 2d panel that one can put into any aircraft for the die hards.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

Archived