Logitech Attack 3 Joystick

marcus1940

Hi to all you flight simmers out there and who I hope can give me a bit of help.

I am brand new to FSX and FS2004 and my knowledge of flying is just about zero.

I can take off and circle but found landing the worst with crashes happening all the time.

Having acquired the above joystick I have managed to land using the joystick throttle for the first time.

What I need is some kind person to help me program the eleven buttons on the joystick.

I need the MOST essential aircraft controls required to fly which I can then program into the joystick.

Please bear in mind I am 78 and keep it reasonably simple

Regards Mike

Basic controls, I would probably want something like this:

1. Brakes

2. Trim Up

3. Trim Down

4. Flaps Up

5. Flaps Down

6. Landing Gear

After that you may want things like change view, zoom in/out. Maybe Kneeboard open, ATC window open/close, GPS open/close, altimeter reset. All things you may use or need to access. You have to figure out what you want at your fingertips on the joystick and what is fine on the keyboard as you progress. Basic controls would be the 6 listed plus some view controls. Anything else is personal preference and what suits how you like to fly.

Others may chime in if I missed something glaring.

Mark Daniels

This one may seem strange , but in addition those mentioned by Mark I have ,

" Pause " assigned to a controller button .

So I can Pause the Sim and at leisure examine instrument displays , or go out to spot , or

Camera views , surprisingly I use it fairly often , apart from being fun it has serious uses .

I create instruments , so with Pause I can freeze the Sim to give me time to examine , and

analyse the instruments , for understanding , check accuracy , and to help calibrate

them .

The Pause might be handy to someone new to Flt Sim , it can give him time to understand ,

and absorb what is happening at various stages if his flight .

Cheers

Karol

• 1 year later...

Hi everyone!

I am a retired wannabe pilot and new to the forum. It’s nice to become a part if it and I look forward to sharing the hobby with you all.

My flight software is Microsoft. Along with it, I was given a used Logitech, Attack 3 joystick. It came with no operators manual. I would sure like to know everything about it so I can enjoy this hobby it to the fullest. Had no luck finding anything on line. If anyone could steer me in the right direction for that info, I would sure appreciate it.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Bill

Hi everyone!

I am a retired wannabe pilot and new to the forum. It’s nice to become a part if it and I look forward to sharing the hobby with you all.

My flight software is Microsoft. Along with it, I was given a used Logitech, Attack 3 joystick. It came with no operators manual. I would sure like to know everything about it so I can enjoy this hobby it to the fullest. Had no luck finding anything on line. If anyone could steer me in the right direction for that info, I would sure appreciate it.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Bill

Not much to know about it! Plug it in and see if your Sim will recognize it. What Sim, in particular? Should be a section under controls inside of your Sim to calibrate your joystick.

calibrate.JPG

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

You need to download the CORRECT drivers for the version of Windows that you have. Install drivers, reboot PC, then run sim. You can go Control Panel / Hardware / Game Controllers and see if it is listed.

One 'trick' is to start sim with joystick disconnected and only plug it in after your Default flight has loaded. Touch stick and it should go to Full Throttle so be ready to tap 'F1'.

Since any settings are saved by sim (and not Windows) you won't lose your settings. Windows should recognize stick. If it's USB it's 'plug-n-play' AFTER initial setup has been done at least once. Good luck.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).