atc callsign don't recognize Ryanair

templaris1

hi the aircraft file have 2 options New colors and Old colors i have try to call Ryan and Ryan air but the atc call both of them just the flight number 286

[fltsim.0]

title=Project Opensky - Boeing 737-8AS - Ryanair NC

sim=OSBoeing737-800w

model=

panel=

sound=

texture=ryannc

kb_checklists=Boeing737-800_check

kb_reference=Boeing737-800_ref

atc_id=EI-DCJ

atc_airline=Ryan

atc_flight_number=286

atc_heavy=0

atc_parking_types=GATE, RAMP, CARGO

atc_parking_code=EI

ui_manufacturer=Boeing

ui_type=737-8AS

ui_variation=Ryanair NC

visual_damage=1

description=Project Opensky - Boeing 737-800 - Blended Winglet\nVersion - Version 2004.9.2\n\nModel Designer\n Hiroshi Igami\n\nFlight Dynamics/Scenario/Effects Designer\n Warren C. Daniel\n\nMaster Texture Designer\n Tom Harlaar\n\nPainted by\n Aravinda Perera\n\nTest Pilots\n Project Opensky Members\n\nMaximun Range: \n 3,383 nautical miles

[fltsim.1]

title=Project Opensky - Boeing 737-8AS - Ryanair OC

sim=OSBoeing737-800w

model=

panel=

sound=

texture=ryanoc

kb_checklists=Boeing737-800_check

kb_reference=Boeing737-800_ref

atc_id=EI-CSX

atc_airline=Ryan air

atc_flight_number=286

atc_heavy=0

atc_parking_types=GATE, RAMP, CARGO

atc_parking_code=EI

ui_manufacturer=Boeing

ui_type=737-8AS

ui_variation=Ryanair OC

visual_damage=1

description=Project Opensky - Boeing 737-800 - Blended Winglet\nVersion - Version 2004.9.2\n\nModel Designer\n Hiroshi Igami\n\nFlight Dynamics/Scenario/Effects Designer\n Warren C. Daniel\n\nMaster Texture Designer\n Tom Harlaar\n\nPainted by\n Aravinda Perera\n\nTest Pilots\n Project Opensky Members\n\nMaximun Range: \n 3,383 nautical miles

i did it , doesn't work..what i don't understand is when i open Fs9 i choose Select aircraft manifacturer : Boeing ....model 737-8AS.....variation Ryanair NC.....ATC NAME EI-DCJ change Airline callsign and i see many airlines like Aeromexico Alitalia exc included RYAN AIR and Ryanair but i don't see Ryan or RYAN , why ? and my airlines.cfg in the AIRCRAFT folder have hundreds airline included Ryan and Ryanair.

i think is Windows 7 that i've installed last month because i've used that aircraft for many years with XP and i've never had problems .

Windows 7 has absolutely nothing to do with this. Wish people would stop pointing the blame at Windows every time something goes wrong on their computer.

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

there 'one thing that I do not understand, when I open the simulator and I go into variation then change and choose which airline i want to use this program where it goes to take this data? i mean from which folder do they take them?

Hi,

From the above aircraft.cfg:

This is what you will see in the Aircraft Selection dropdowns:

ui_manufacturer=Boeing

ui_type=737-8AS

ui_variation=Ryanair NC

The texture folder:

texture=ryannc

The registration ATC will say:

atc_id=EI-DCJ

The airline entry ATC will look for in the .gvp soundfile:

atc_airline=Ryan

If that entry isn't there, ATC will only say the flight number, whether that entry exists in airlines.cfg or not.

BTW, the callsign for Ryanair is not Ryan, but Ryanair.

https://www.planespotters.net/airline/Ryanair

If you click the ATC Name button and change those settings you can override the atc_id, atc_airline and atc_flight_number.

Entering a "new" airline there adds it to airlines.cfg, but nothing else. Again, if there is no entry in the soundfile, ATC can't say it.

As already mentioned, you can create these entries yourself with EditVoicePack.

Regards,

DDP.

And the list of airlines in the Change menu (within the Select Aircraft menu) is taken from the airlines.txt file found in your Aircraft folder. And this may NOT be what's actually in the voice pack if they have become mismatched. Thus the need for EditVoicePack to sync those.

Tom Gibson

CalClassic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.com

Hi,

From the above aircraft.cfg:

This is what you will see in the Aircraft Selection dropdowns:

ui_manufacturer=Boeing

ui_type=737-8AS

ui_variation=Ryanair NC

The texture folder:

texture=ryannc

The registration ATC will say:

atc_id=EI-DCJ

The airline entry ATC will look for in the .gvp soundfile:

atc_airline=Ryan

If that entry isn't there, ATC will only say the flight number, whether that entry exists in airlines.cfg or not.

BTW, the callsign for Ryanair is not Ryan, but Ryanair.

https://www.planespotters.net/airline/Ryanair

If you click the ATC Name button and change those settings you can override the atc_id, atc_airline and atc_flight_number.

Entering a "new" airline there adds it to airlines.cfg, but nothing else. Again, if there is no entry in the soundfile, ATC can't say it.

As already mentioned, you can create these entries yourself with EditVoicePack.

Regards,

DDP.

thanks DDP but where si located the .gvp soundfile so i can edit ? in the airlines.cfg i have 500 names but when i click on ATC name button i see just about 20 airlines

p.s. in the default fs 2004 is Ryan http://woodair.net/Flight_Sim/data/FS_Airline_Codes.htm

about the editvoicepack i get the message the setup requires the net framework 1 1 4322 and when i try to obtain that framework from the web the microsoft page display We are sorry, the page you requested cannot be found.

Hi,

I do all my editing on an older PC (PIV with AGP...) with WinXP (still the best OS...) installed.

I had MSFW114322 installed, and the newer versions on top. I think I read somewhere how M$, in all it's wisdom, didn't make newer Frameworks backward compatible with v1.1, or something like that.

It can still be downloaded, but getting it to install on Win7 and up is the real problem...

The soundfile sits in the \Sound folder, it's a few 100MB big.

Regards,

DDP.

thanks Dirk i found in the FS9 Sound folder 2 gvp files ( USEenglishASOS 565 kb and USEnglishBig 195 mb ) i've tried with notepad but there are only strange characters , i can use other programs to open them ? about editvoice i prefer not to mess with windows 7 and framework i'm not a pc technician :-)

i see but i've removed from airlines.cfg file

Raymond

Red Baron

Red Bird

Red Comet

Red Dragon

Red Rock

Red Tail

Reeve

Regional

Regional Airlines

Reno Air

Republic

Reunion

Reval

Revola

Rheinland

Rheintal

Richair

Riga Liner

Rio

Riossul

Rocketeer

Rocky Mountain

Roots Air

Roy

Royal Air Maroc

Royal Aruban

Royal Bhutan

Royal Jordanian

Royal Nepal

Royal West

Royal Wings

Rubens

I have always used this aircraft with XP and atc called Ryan without use editvoicepack I remember well but probably when I switched to windows 7 and I reinstalled everything I did something wrong .

Hi,

I see 2 possibilities:

Maybe you somehow someway had an updated sound file or you're not using the correct atc_airline name that identifies the Ryanair sound.

You've used Ryan and Ryan Air in your aircraft.cfg, have you tried atc_airline=Ryanair?

Or..., Michael O'Leary wants you to pay for it first... :p

DDP.

about the editvoicepack i get the message the setup requires the net framework 1 1 4322 and when i try to obtain that framework from the web the microsoft page display We are sorry, the page you requested cannot be found.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=26

John

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

well after that i've removed the entire aircraft from fs9 and the Ryanair text from the airlines.cfg file i still see the names in the : select aircraft - ATC name - Airline call sign , why ?

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/attachment.php?attachmentid=204776&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1535953115

i give up FS9 , you win....I tried to delete everything related to Ryanair (aircraft panels sound etc ) but I can not get rid of those 2 written RYAN AIR & Ryanair ...headache headache headache ..

Archived