Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Easy Aircraft For Beginners

1. Default Easy Aircraft For Beginners

Hello.I need an easy aircraft to fly for beginner,not fighter please and not too slow flying speed.

also I want to ask if it is possible to use mouse as yoke to fly a plane in p3d cause I don't have joystick.

thanks.

Blog Entries

You should learn to fly in the same kind of plane that real world pilots do. Choose something like a Cessna 172 or similar.

While it might be possible to fly with your mouse my suggestion would be: don't. It's not at all a realistic way to fly. Get a yoke or joystick. You don't need to spend a lot if you shop around, i.e. one example from eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/i/273420910419

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nels_Anderson View Post
    You should learn to fly in the same kind of plane that real world pilots do. Choose something like a Cessna 172 or similar.

While it might be possible to fly with your mouse my suggestion would be: don't. It's not at all a realistic way to fly. Get a yoke or joystick. You don't need to spend a lot if you shop around, i.e. one example from eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/i/273420910419
    yea but I don't want to be a pro pilot,just to fly a simple airplane for fun
    and just for 1 time that I flying a plane I don't to but a joystick,even not for 10$

Blog Entries

Nothing wrong with that, but you'll have more fun with the right tools. Trying to fly with a mouse is going to be frustrating. Spend a few bucks on a joystick and you'll have a much more fun and realistic experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Nels_Anderson View Post
    Nothing wrong with that, but you'll have more fun with the right tools. Trying to fly with a mouse is going to be frustrating. Spend a few bucks on a joystick and you'll have a much more fun and realistic experience.
    I give Nels a BIG +1 about getting a joystick. I was flying, or at least, trying to fly the FSX Demo version and trying to land the CRJ700 without one. I almost tossed FSX in the trash can. Bought my first Attack3 joystick for $16 and haven't looked back. I'm now working on my 2nd joystick.
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

Nels is right -- flying with the mouse is awkward and frustrating, and you'd certainly enjoy it more with a stick.
    and just for 1 time that I flying a plane I don't to but a joystick,even not for 10$
    And you're only going to do this once? Hope you enjoy it.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:
    Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

To actually answer the OP, Try the Baron 58. Yes you can fly with the mouse. Right click on the screen and choose mouse yoke. Also make sure you enable auto rudder in the Realism settings. Keys F1-F4 are your throttle keys. You will get the hang of mouse flying just takes a bit. If you have a mouse that you can adjust the PPI on I would suggest turning it down a bit if you have it set high.

No matter how you fly just have fun with it your way.

To actually answer the OP, Try the Baron 58.
    Nels did "actually answer the OP" by suggesting the C-172, easier than the Baron.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:
    Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Quote Originally Posted by MrUnSavory View Post
    To actually answer the OP, Try the Baron 58. Yes you can fly with the mouse. Right click on the screen and choose mouse yoke. Also make sure you enable auto rudder in the Realism settings. Keys F1-F4 are your throttle keys. You will get the hang of mouse flying just takes a bit. If you have a mouse that you can adjust the PPI on I would suggest turning it down a bit if you have it set high.

No matter how you fly just have fun with it your way.
    Baron? A piston complex twin, with turbos?

A simple single a la the 172 is the way to go. Additionally, a default aircraft is the way to go as the Learning Center is set up for it.

And to echo the sound advice: Buy a joystick.
    Name one real aircraft that is flown with a mouse? Even drones use joysticks - by pilots sat in huts, on the ground.

I find the Cessna 172 difficult to fly , I'm a real world pilot , and I have about 10 years of flying in the Flight Simulator , I mainly fly military fast jets , but also simple GA ( General Aviation ) aircraft ,
    but even with my background still find the C 172 awkward and difficult to use .

Here is a freeware option , I haven't tested it , so I would appreciate comments from those that
    have ,

FSX - FSX General Aviation FSX Piper Warrior II PA28-161
    [ Download | View ]
    Name: warriorc.zip
    Size: 5,700,835 Date: 03-01-2008 Downloads: 3,871

FSX Piper Warrior II PA28-161 Version for FSX with SP2. A Gmax model that features animations, virtual cockpit with semi-transparent yoke, doors that open, two different size 2D panels, versions with and without wheel fairings and more. The PH-SVG is owned by the Rotterdam Flying Club. By Rien Cornelissen.

You mentioned that you wanted an aircraft that is not to slow ,
    Go to the library here at Flightsim ,
    in search type in .... PC-7 ,
    It will mention that it is for FS2004 but I use it in FSX , and it's a nice aircraft to fly .

Also , very important ,
    Whatever you do get a joystick , even the cheapest is a million times better that using a keyboard ,
    trying to fly using a keyboard will drive you nuts , and totally destroy any interest in this wonderful activity or hobby .

Cheers
    Karol
    Last edited by COBS; 08-26-2018 at 07:13 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast