Easy Aircraft For Beginners

FlightSimLkr

• Founder

You should learn to fly in the same kind of plane that real world pilots do. Choose something like a Cessna 172 or similar.

While it might be possible to fly with your mouse my suggestion would be: don't. It's not at all a realistic way to fly. Get a yoke or joystick. You don't need to spend a lot if you shop around, i.e. one example from eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/i/273420910419

You should learn to fly in the same kind of plane that real world pilots do. Choose something like a Cessna 172 or similar.

While it might be possible to fly with your mouse my suggestion would be: don't. It's not at all a realistic way to fly. Get a yoke or joystick. You don't need to spend a lot if you shop around, i.e. one example from eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/i/273420910419

yea but I don't want to be a pro pilot,just to fly a simple airplane for fun

and just for 1 time that I flying a plane I don't to but a joystick,even not for 10$ :)

Nothing wrong with that, but you'll have more fun with the right tools. Trying to fly with a mouse is going to be frustrating. Spend a few bucks on a joystick and you'll have a much more fun and realistic experience.

I give Nels a BIG +1 about getting a joystick. I was flying, or at least, trying to fly the FSX Demo version and trying to land the CRJ700 without one. I almost tossed FSX in the trash can. Bought my first Attack3 joystick for $16 and haven't looked back. I'm now working on my 2nd joystick.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Nels is right -- flying with the mouse is awkward and frustrating, and you'd certainly enjoy it more with a stick.

and just for 1 time that I flying a plane I don't to but a joystick,even not for 10$

And you're only going to do this once? Hope you enjoy it.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

To actually answer the OP, Try the Baron 58. Yes you can fly with the mouse. Right click on the screen and choose mouse yoke. Also make sure you enable auto rudder in the Realism settings. Keys F1-F4 are your throttle keys. You will get the hang of mouse flying just takes a bit. If you have a mouse that you can adjust the PPI on I would suggest turning it down a bit if you have it set high.

No matter how you fly just have fun with it your way. :)

To actually answer the OP, Try the Baron 58. Yes you can fly with the mouse. Right click on the screen and choose mouse yoke. Also make sure you enable auto rudder in the Realism settings. Keys F1-F4 are your throttle keys. You will get the hang of mouse flying just takes a bit. If you have a mouse that you can adjust the PPI on I would suggest turning it down a bit if you have it set high.

No matter how you fly just have fun with it your way. :)

Baron? A piston complex twin, with turbos?

A simple single a la the 172 is the way to go. Additionally, a default aircraft is the way to go as the Learning Center is set up for it.

And to echo the sound advice: Buy a joystick.

Name one real aircraft that is flown with a mouse? Even drones use joysticks - by pilots sat in huts, on the ground.

I find the Cessna 172 difficult to fly , I'm a real world pilot , and I have about 10 years of flying in the Flight Simulator , I mainly fly military fast jets , but also simple GA ( General Aviation ) aircraft ,

but even with my background still find the C 172 awkward and difficult to use .

Here is a freeware option , I haven't tested it , so I would appreciate comments from those that

have ,

FSX - FSX General Aviation FSX Piper Warrior II PA28-161

[ Download | View ]

Name: warriorc.zip

Size: 5,700,835 Date: 03-01-2008 Downloads: 3,871

FSX Piper Warrior II PA28-161 Version for FSX with SP2. A Gmax model that features animations, virtual cockpit with semi-transparent yoke, doors that open, two different size 2D panels, versions with and without wheel fairings and more. The PH-SVG is owned by the Rotterdam Flying Club. By Rien Cornelissen.

You mentioned that you wanted an aircraft that is not to slow ,

Go to the library here at Flightsim ,

in search type in .... PC-7 ,

It will mention that it is for FS2004 but I use it in FSX , and it's a nice aircraft to fly .

Also , very important ,

Whatever you do get a joystick , even the cheapest is a million times better that using a keyboard ,

trying to fly using a keyboard will drive you nuts , and totally destroy any interest in this wonderful activity or hobby .

Cheers

Karol

Please disregard my previous post .

I just noticed that you are using P3D .

A lot of the wonderful freeware aircraft created for FS2004 and FSX will not work in P3D due to

the way the skins are done .

Your panel might show up , but the aircraft won't .

My apologies .

Cheers

Karol

I highly recommend the Thrustmaster T-Flight-HOTAS-X because it features a Rudder/left/right/paddle on the front of the throttle making a very compact rig for approximately $50-60.

https://www.amazon.com/Thrustmaster-T-Flight-Hotas-Flight-Stick-PC/dp/B001CXYMFS

According to what I can find on the internet (must be true), the Mooney-Bravo should come with your P3D and should be about twice as fast as the Cessna-172.

See also:

Beechcraft Bonanza A-36 Provided by Carenado

Mooney Acclaim Provided by Lionheart

Of course a proper yoke and rudder peddles would be much more realistic but ...

Good Luck

JD

There is a mouse-yoke option in p3d I see. (saw online).

Are you sure you want to btw p3d for just one flight? Seems expensive.

(Also, it will probably take more then one attempt to get flying and be able to control the aircraft.)

anyway, have fun!

Happy Flights,

il.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Another thought, there is also a free flight simulator: FlightGear.

FlightGear is free, open source, is actively supported and upgraded, and runs on Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX/FreeBSD/OpenBSD.

It's a lot nicer then you might think. See the FlightGear Forum here. (and of course find the flightgear site itself, where you can also download it.)

FlightSim.com FlightGear forum:

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/forumdisplay.php?102-FlightGear

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A game controller will work much better than keyboard if you have one and can't afford joystick. Microsoft brand worked better for me than generic.

I had FSX which seems to be same as P3D. The default planes I tried were all easy to fly. The second tutorial mission used a piper cub, I think, to land at a grass strip in the mountains. That mission is hard because the Cub is underpowered. It takes some skill. I wish P3D came with the Trike instead of that thing.

P3D comes with Maule Orion which has good visibility, easy to fly, and can land on a short strip. It also has Mooney Bravo which is faster, but needs a longer strip. The Baron 58 is easy and good for long fight or crossing mountain ranges where you need more ceiling. The King Air is like driving a bus, easy to takeoff and land, a little boring but good if you need to get somewhere fast.

I've seen descriptions for some payware planes that are so detailed and realistic that you need spend time studying procedures before flying them, but I doubt if the default planes are like that. Maybe the F-16, I don't know.

Nels did "actually answer the OP" by suggesting the C-172, easier than the Baron.

Apparently some only read part of a post and then answer. I answered the whole post. He asked for something easy to fly and NOT TO SLOW which the c-172 is. he also wanted to use the mouse as a yoke so right away they started telling him to buy a joystick. He didn't ask for joystick recommendations now did he? Nope. The baron is a piece of cake and if you think it is hard then you need to go back to flight school.

Baron? A piston complex twin, with turbos?

A simple single a la the 172 is the way to go. Additionally, a default aircraft is the way to go as the Learning Center is set up for it.

And to echo the sound advice: Buy a joystick.

Name one real aircraft that is flown with a mouse? Even drones use joysticks - by pilots sat in huts, on the ground.

Same answer to you. Apparently some only read part of a post and then answer. I answered the whole post. He asked for something easy to fly and NOT TO SLOW which the c-172 is. he also wanted to use the mouse as a yoke so right away they started telling him to buy a joystick. He didn't ask for joystick recommendations now did he? Nope. The baron is a piece of cake and if you think it is hard then you need to go back to flight school. Do any of you actually read?

Apparently some only read part of a post and then answer.

Apparently some only partially understand a post. Nels had done a complete answer on the OP's initial post. I DID read the entire first post, so ease off.

Keep in mind that for someone who's just starting, it's good to know that a stick, even a very cheap one, makes it MUCH, MUCH easier to fly, but then once they know, it's obviously their choice what to do. But many of us consider that suggesting an inexpensive stick be considered do consider that as being helpful, keeping in mind that we can't force it on him, nor would we wish to do so.

The baron is a piece of cake and if you think it is hard then you need to go back to flight school. Do any of you actually read?

I have plenty of Baron time in the sim, and I have real world Baron time (C-172, too, BTW), too. I don't need to go back to flight school, but maybe you need to learn how tough the sim can be for someone just starting -- more complexity makes it rougher. The Baron is more complex than needed for a beginner, and things happen faster in it, causing problems for a beginner. Just as in real life it's a poor choice for a trainer. That extra complexity and extra speed makes it tougher to pick up the basics quickly, which is what's needed at first. For an experienced simmer it can be easy, I'll grant you, but not for a beginner. And with a mouse, it's tougher yet. Once the C-172 is comfortable, then going to the Baron might be good.

That's why I recommended the C-172.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

A possible alternative to the 172, or actually two, come to mind.

1) A glider. I know the Schweitzer 2-32 is a very good trainer. It's what I learned in, long, long ago. A VVI, Airspeed, altimeter, and the yaw string on the nose are the instruments. Nothing else. Simple, no? And talk about simple...NO ENGINE. It obviates (big word for the week! :D ) the possibilities of go-arounds and Touch-n-goes, but flying doesn't get any simpler, or more basic. Of course, in the sim, there's no instructor in the back seat to whap your head with a yardstick when you mess up, but it's still a good way to learn!

2) A J3 Cub is a powered alternative to a glider, though. I wager the flight characteristics are somewhat closer to a glider than a 172, but I may be wrong. Certainly not much faster, unless you have a high-performance racing glider. But it does give you one of those big, noisy, smelly, things up front to work correctly, though. Permits T&G's or go-arounds.

If he doesn't want a joystick, that's certainly his choice, but, like everyone else, I would strongly recommend getting one for flying. Even a cheapo-o special is better than a mouse. But, his choice!

Have fun everyone!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Same answer to you. Apparently some only read part of a post and then answer. I answered the whole post. He asked for something easy to fly and NOT TO SLOW which the c-172 is. he also wanted to use the mouse as a yoke so right away they started telling him to buy a joystick. He didn't ask for joystick recommendations now did he? Nope. The baron is a piece of cake and if you think it is hard then you need to go back to flight school. Do any of you actually read?

Yes, he asked for a simple solution. The Baron is not it. It's a complex twin in real life, which I am qualified in and there are complex systems even in the sim.

At least taking off in the Baron (or worse the Extra) at an airport and crashing into the trees a few times trying to land at dirt strips is a good learning experience.

Too bad P3D discontinued the FSX Air Creation Trike. It was the first tutorial in FSX. No flaps or rudder, just left, right, up, down, engine speed and brakes. Maybe it's not realistic in some ways, it can roll and do loops if you dive until the overspeed buzzer comes on before pulling up, a no-no in a real one. But if you're about to hit a tree or hilltop you can pull up very quickly which works in the real world too. Perfect for beginner.

Also, there a thousands of amazing places to fly in the sim world where you can't land anything but Trike or a chopper. It might take a while to get there but once you land the trike and save the flight you're ready to go next time. I've stashed about thirty Trikes around the world for that in FSX.

Hope they bring it back as default for P3D. If so, I hope performance is upgraded to correspond to the best performing present-day real world trikes.

A nice payware performance trike would also be good. Maybe there's one in the works.

Archived