Any interest in these?

Skywatcher12

With hockey season coming decided to Penguin-ize my FS9 interface with a new look. It was intended as a quick one hour project but I got carried away after I quite liked where it was going. After coming up with a final version then decided it would be cool to have an interface to match various liveries.

If there is interest, I'll finish these up and get them uploaded to Flightsim. They would all be in one download as the download size for all of them would not be large.

Non Aviation:

Pittsburgh Penguins

Pittsburgh Steelers (Same as above with Steelers logo)

Elvis Presley (Done for a friend, I'm not the Elvis fan)

Aviation:

Aeroflot

Aerolineas Argentinas

Air Berlin

Air Holland

American

American Aluminium

American Old

ANA Gold

Boeing 737

Boeing Dreamliner

Bolivian Aviation

British Airways

China Southern

Delta

Delta Old

Eastern

Easyjet

Jet2

Jetstar

KLM

LAN Colombia

Primera

Qantas

Sky Europe

Thomson

Titan

Southwest New

Southwest Old Blue

Southwest Old Brown

TUIfly

United Old

Virgin Australia

Virgin Blue

Penguins.jpg

Southwest-_New.jpg

Air-_Berlin.jpg

Virgin-_Australia.jpg

Easy_Jet.jpg

American-_Airlines.jpg

Mark Daniels

Was that a simple photoshop, or was there more involved like using resource hacker or something? I'm curios as to how you did it. I like the South West one. Wouldn't mind a F-22 Raptor one. As that's what I primary fly most of the time.

Was that a simple photoshop, or was there more involved like using resource hacker or something? I'm curios as to how you did it. I like the South West one. Wouldn't mind a F-22 Raptor one. As that's what I primary fly most of the time.

No hacking. I decided just to see what I could play with. All done in Photoshop. Amazed with the billion things created for this game no one has really done stuff like this so I did.

You can't modify the FS9 text type or color which is a bit of a downer. I included a description text window where the background color would make the text difficult to read as on the Southwest sample above. The other main menu text like "Create a Flight" I didn't worry about. I experimented but found just leaving that area normal was fine and I wanted to stay true to how we've known FS9 all these years. Anything else there just looks too different imo. The description window at the base was necessary as this area contains text descriptions for everything in FS9.

See what I can do for the F-22.

Mark Daniels

Mark, That's BRILLIANT! I've seen a couple of attempts at 'modernising' the interface which I didn't like much, but these are just genius! Upload them at your earliest convenience, please!

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Mark, That's BRILLIANT! I've seen a couple of attempts at 'modernising' the interface which I didn't like much, but these are just genius! Upload them at your earliest convenience, please!

Thanks Tim, give me 2-3 days.

I should have paid attention. This is for FS9, and I need it for FSX. I wonder if the files are the same. I doubt it though. Could you do it for FSX as well?

Oh! lol

Certainly not the same. I've been contemplating doing FSX but going to certainly be a while. I only use FS9.

FS9 does now have F-22 Raptor, F-14 and F-16. Same color scheme, different logos.

Mark Daniels

Hi,

Well done, looking great.

I'm interested in the Delta themes...

Regards,

DDP.

Thanks, glad to hear of some interest.

This will be the final version. I have added "Flight Simulator 2004" next to the "Fly Now" button. Feedback if people want this please? I'll give it a day or so for any replies before I make everything final and get it all uploaded. If people don't chime in, I'll make the choice obviously.

20041.jpg

Mark Daniels

Great work there Mark; any chance of adding a Westjet or Air Canada to the mix.
Corsair 4000X RGB Mid-Tower ATX, CORSAIR RMx Series (2021) RM650x, GIGABYTE B550 AORUS ELITE AX V2 Gaming Motherboard , AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core/16-Thread 3.8GHz base, 4.7GHz, GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 3070 GAMING OC 8G, CORSAIR H115i ELITE CAPELLIX Liquid CPU Cooler, CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro SL 32GB (2x16GB)

I'm looking forward to the British Airways version; I can see all of these being popular actually, and a great demand from the FSX/FSX:SE users too - but first things first!

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

As long as there are no real life dramas should have this pack uploaded to Flightsim within the next day. I'll post here once it's been upped.

Great work there Mark; any chance of adding a Westjet or Air Canada to the mix.

Westjet, Air Canada and Pan Am added.

Braniff International. Flying colors?

I looked but there are 4 of them from what I can tell and the logos don't appear easy to find so I'm leaving this off. I intend to go further with the interfaces in the future so I'll look to get them in next time. Sorry, would've liked to have put them in. I think the color schemes would look good.

Peerhoven airlines? (I think he has fs9, not sure.)

That looks like a FSX VA?

VA's I don't intend to do.

Mark Daniels

That looks like a FSX VA?

VA's I don't intend to do.

Hehe! I think il88pp's referring to Jan Peerhoven (check out the Screenshots forum) who has an unfortunate habit of ditching aircraft into oceans and lakes all over the world. I think he'd be happy with a "splash" screen, never mind a full interface makeover!

Hehe! I think il88pp's referring to Jan Peerhoven (check out the Screenshots forum) who has an unfortunate habit of ditching aircraft into oceans and lakes all over the world. I think he'd be happy with a "splash" screen, never mind a full interface makeover!

Haha, oh, ok, will have to look into that. I looked at the poster name and felt it was some kind of gag but then googled and found it looked like a legit FSX VA. Anyhow, neither is in the pack atm. lol

Mark Daniels

Yes, Jan Peerhoven, username: Peer

Peerhoven Airlines.

There's many paints of the airline in the library, (search: peerhoven), I thought you would have heard of it.

There is also a painting set with example images for making your own paints.

filename for that kit is: peerhovenpaintaids.zip

I see it didn't make the cut, well, better luck next time perhaps. No worries.

Congrats on your creations. Looks great!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes, Jan Peerhoven, username: Peer

Peerhoven Airlines.

There's many paints of the airline in the library, (search: peerhoven), I thought you would have heard of it.

There is also a painting set with example images for making your own paints.

filename for that kit is: peerhovenpaintaids.zip

I see it didn't make the cut, well, better luck next time perhaps. No worries.

Congrats on your creations. Looks great!

Thanks for the kind words and for clearing that up. No, I know little about VA's so hadn't heard of it.

Mark Daniels

This is Jan's latest (non-aqua) mishap, in a kind of graphic novel format, on the MSFS Screen Shot forum:

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?312816-IT-HAPPENED-AGAIN!!-I-m-not-amused-once-more!

I don't know what everyone is talking about in that thread. I did see a smart ass comment about me supporting Trump from Zippy though. Sine he lives in San Fran it doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

I'll go ahead and respond now. LOL!

Uploaded. Be in the library soon as it goes through Flightsim's procedures. Search for fs2004interface.zip

Hopefully something there for everyone. Now, I'm going to load up the Pittsburgh Penguins interface and go fly finally! Gone well beyond the initial hour I intended to spend on this! lol

Mark Daniels

Do you take requests?

Maybe a WWII looking interface , a Golden Wings one or even a Space type?

There are some of us out there with 'strange' FS2004 installs :-)

Regards,

Robin

Hey there Robin! Yeah, I did some requests this pack but this one is now done and dusted. I intend to do more of these in the future as there were many others I would've liked to have included. It was just a matter of not keeping everyone waiting forever. Next time around I'll look to include some things you mentioned. I like the SOH community so was already thinking something along those lines for those guys next time. I'll also make a post over there and at the other main site about this pack when it's showing in the library. I know not everyone visits all 3 of these sites.

Mark Daniels

Archived