FSX - Rolling Planes at Launch HELP

Prostock

I did a forum search & found nothing to help with this issues.

Windows 10 - FSX-SE Installed Correctly - PROBLEM: FREE FLIGHT ISSUE - All planes from Ultra Lite to 767 to F-18 to Helicopters ALL start in Running Rolling or in the case of Helicopters, Off the Ground at Launch. Missions all start as they should, On the Tarmac.

NOTE: I had this issue with the Installed BOX Version of FSX which was completely removed from my PC before install of FSX-SE. It didn't bother me until I started to "Try" to fly some Helicopters.

Hopefully there is an Easy Simple Fix.

Thank you for any help.

The best fix is to create a new "default" flight, choosing a basic aircraft like the default Baron58. Have it start at a local airport with the engines off, electrical off, Avionics switch on, and parking brake set. That way all new flights will start in that condition.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I just started the transition from boxed to SE. Same thing is going on with me. I haven't fixed it yet because I'm busy installing a bunch of other stuff and chasing sim crashes.

I think it's caused because the default flight is the Airtrike flying over Friday Harbor. So when you load the plane, it loads the settings for the Airtrike, which includes moving forward at a (relatively) slow speed. Selecting the airport puts you on the ground, but you're still moving forward because that's what's happening in the default flight.

The best fix is to create a new "default" flight, choosing a basic aircraft like the default Baron58. Have it start at a local airport with the engines off, electrical off, Avionics switch on, and parking brake set. That way all new flights will start in that condition.

Mr Z - I did read that on another post & I believe you're the one who suggested it. I figured that's what the fix would be but thought by now, FS Developers or a DIY guy would have come up with a "Cure All" and posted it somewhere. I'll do as you suggest until someone else chimes in with maybe a better fix. I guess as long as it works it don't really matter what the fix is in the long run. Thank you once again for your swift and much appreciated advice.

Mr Z - I did read that on another post & I believe you're the one who suggested it. I figured that's what the fix would be but thought by now, FS Developers or a DIY guy would have come up with a "Cure All" and posted it somewhere. I'll do as you suggest until someone else chimes in with maybe a better fix. I guess as long as it works it don't really matter what the fix is in the long run. Thank you once again for your swift and much appreciated advice.

You're welcome! Another quick piece of advice.....I treat my default flight like a "sacred cow". I never fly it or use it to start any flight. It's too easy to mess things up, especially if you are fond of saving flights to, maybe, start again the next time where you left off.

You're welcome! Another quick piece of advice.....I treat my default flight like a "sacred cow". I never fly it or use it to start any flight. It's too easy to mess things up, especially if you are fond of saving flights to, maybe, start again the next time where you left off.

Hi Charlie. I'm still struggling with the same problem. I screwed up my Sacred Cow. All my planes are also coming up on the runway with partial throttle, even though the throttle is fully retarded. I goose the throttle a little and then bring it back, and the rolling stops. Why is it coming up in partial throttle ? My Sacred Cow use to be the Trike, in flight, over Friday Harbor, but I can't seem to get back to that config. Is there a way to get back there, with the Trike over Friday Harbor, when every thing was golden, and all planes came up stopped dead on the runway ? I too am still looking for a solution.

A little extra information : I set up the Baron 58 on a runway, brakes on, throttle retarded, and saved the flight. It worked beautifully for every plane that I brought up for that session. Every plane came up fully stopped. However ; once I signed off FSX, and then back on, everything was wacko again. The saved flight is not being saved from session to session. It requires that I go thru the same saved flight routine at the beginning of every new FSX flying session.

As always, thank you for your help.

Jim

Happiness is FSX Steam and Windows 7 . :)

A little extra information : I set up the Baron 58 on a runway, brakes on, throttle retarded, and saved the flight. It worked beautifully for every plane that I brought up for that session. Every plane came up fully stopped. Beautiful ! ! ! However ; once I signed off FSX, and then back on later, everything was wacko again. The saved flight is not being saved from session to session. It requires that I go thru the same saved flight routine at the beginning of every new FSX flying session. Is this normal ? I never had to do this before ?

Thanks again.

GBJ, did you save that Baron flight as your default flight? The one that's displayed when you first go the Free Flight menu as you start up the sim? When you save the Baron flight, you need to make certain you've checked the little box at the bottom that says Make Default Flight. Otherwise, it's just a saved flight, and your DEFAULT flight is still the trike over Friday Harbour.

By the way, a quick, easy way to restore the sims original default, default flight, if that makes any sense, is to use NotePad to open your FSX.CFG file. You can find the FSX.CFG's folder location by checking the forums. There's threads describing the correct folder for the various OS's. Every Operating system is different. Windows 10, windows 8, Vista, etc etc.

Anywho, make a backup of your FSX.cfg file, and then open it with NotePad. ONLY NotePad. The one that comes with Windows. If you use any kind of word processor, it will add in characters that will make the file useless to, and unreadable by, the sim.

Once you've got your FSX.CFG file open, look down through it for a section labeled [uSERINTERFACE]. Under that heading will be a line labeled Situation= bla bla bla...

What follows the equals sign (=) is irrelevant. Why? Because the next thing you need to do is delete any and everything that's there.

Save the file off, close it and voila! Your default flight is now restored to the Trike over Friday Harbour.

Remember, FSX:SE, and/or FSX, must be closed while you do this. When you next open it, all will be back to what it came with.

Hope this helps a little...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

GBJ, did you save that Baron flight as your default flight? The one that's displayed when you first go the Free Flight menu as you start up the sim? When you save the Baron flight, you need to make certain you've checked the little box at the bottom that says Make Default Flight. Otherwise, it's just a saved flight, and your DEFAULT flight is still the trike over Friday Harbour. Yes, box checked, definitely saved.By the way, a quick, easy way to restore the sims original default, default flight, if that makes any sense, is to use NotePad to open your FSX.CFG file. You can find the FSX.CFG's folder location by checking the forums. There's threads describing the correct folder for the various OS's. Every Operating system is different. Windows 10, windows 8, Vista, etc etc.

Anywho, make a backup of your FSX.cfg file, and then open it with NotePad. ONLY NotePad. The one that comes with Windows. If you use any kind of word processor, it will add in characters that will make the file useless to, and unreadable by, the sim. Yes, I only use Notepad.

Once you've got your FSX.CFG file open, look down through it for a section labeled [uSERINTERFACE]. Under that heading will be a line labeled Situation= bla bla bla...

What follows the equals sign (=) is irrelevant. Why? Because the next thing you need to do is delete any and everything that's there. Yes, I understand, and if I can find the FSX.CFG file, I will definitely try this, because I have tried everything else, and I have failed. It's just a small annoyance, and everything else performs well.

Save the file off, close it and voila! Your default flight is now restored to the Trike over Friday Harbour.

Remember, FSX:SE, and/or FSX, must be closed while you do this. When you next open it, all will be back to what it came with.

Hope this helps a little...

Pat☺

Thanks Pat, I will give it a try. - Jim

The trouble started caused by you. When you saved a flight "as default" when the engines were producing thrust. That thrust setting is of course also saved in that flight.

There may have been more "errors" in the flight you saved. Flap damage or engine damage that had accumulated. Or buttons and switches in set positions, when those buttons are not available in all planes. So difficult to set if you in flying again in a different flight.

The settings in your startup flight will be set in all flights you do from then on.

Safest is to use the normal default flight "ultralight flying over Friday Harbor.". That has all buttons set correctly. Yes, starting a flight parked the plane will roll a bit forward slowly, but not under power. A light tap on the brake is enough. Annoying to have to say attention while loading... I would say it's only minor annoying, and works as a great reminder that as pilot you never take your eyes off the plane.

Restoring the startup flight to the original default flight is easy.

Another option is to make a startup flight with the engines off. But... who knows what other errors are in that flight..

To use "friday harbor", the default flight, as startup flight:

close fsx

open fsx.cfg

change:

sitation="name of a flight"

to:

situation=

close and save. Start fsx.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

" To use "friday harbor", the default flight, as startup flight:

close fsx

open fsx.cfg

change:

to:

situation=

close and save. Start fsx. "

This all looks wonderfully simple to do, but I can't find fsx.cfg / situation=

I will keep looking, and keep trying.

" To use "friday harbor", the default flight, as startup flight:

close fsx

open fsx.cfg

change:

to:

situation=

close and save. Start fsx. "

This all looks wonderfully simple to do, but I can't find fsx.cfg / situation=

I will keep looking, and keep trying.

[uSERINTERFACE]

PageID=1

OpenATCOnCreate=0

SHOW_MISSION_CAPTIONS=1

PAUSE_ON_LOST_FOCUS=0

PROMPT_ON_EXIT=1

SITUATION=C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\Default flight at KSNA

Map_Orientation=2

ShowAllACPaintSchemes=1

SelectAircraftManufacturer=All

SelectAircraftPublisher=All

SelectAircraftType=All

DisplayFuelAsWeight=1

I might be wrong, but I think he means he can't find the FSX.CFG file.

It depends on what Operating System (OS) your computer uses.

You also need to change a folder setting to show hidden files and folders.

Do a couple of quick forum searches for FSX.CFG Location, and Hidden Folders. These subjects have been done by many before, who are able to be much more succinct than I.

Good luck!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Yes Charlie, I've been searching for that FSX.CFG file that Pat speaks about, but I have been striking out. I think that if I could restore the default Trike flying over Friday Harbor again, then every thing else might fall in place. Trying to Save Flight only works for that session, and then when I sign off FSX, the save flight gets lost. Undoubtedly because of something that I have corrupted, and it's probably in that FSX.CFG file. If I could delete the trash that's in the Situation= file, then I might be OK, but I'm having a difficult time locating it.

Jim

Yes Charlie, I've been searching for that FSX.CFG file that Pat speaks about, but I have been striking out. I think that if I could restore the default Trike flying over Friday Harbor again, then every thing else might fall in place. Trying to Save Flight only works for that session, and then when I sign off FSX, the save flight gets lost. Undoubtedly because of something that I have corrupted, and it's probably in that FSX.CFG file. If I could delete the trash that's in the Situation= file, then I might be OK, but I'm having a difficult time locating it.

Jim

AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX-SE\fsx_se.cfg This should be the path.

Open an explorer Window

click:

organise

folder and search options

'view' tab

select: show hidden files and folders

De-select: hide extensions for known file types

(you want to see those)

click OK.

then go find the file

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Zip, I have SE. The whole ...\FSX-SE\FSX-SE is if there's FSX and FSX-SE on the same computer. If there's no FSX, and no records of it in the registry, then the whole thing will read C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG .

I know, cause that's what mine reads, and I've got FS9, but never had Fsx till I bought SE.

Hope this is some small help.

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived