Scenery User Input

Roger Wensley

I still cannot understand why, or even believe despite so many examples, that 99% of scenery down-loaders still do not respond to the scenery maker when there is a problem. FS9 grumbles that in my Bar River scenery it cannot find missing textures; guess how many folks told me? The "s" on folks is redundant.

Of course, sometimes it is amusing. I revised one of John Stinton's military fields, with his knowledge and approval, and found that the ai which I was revising was faulty. I told him. He came back to me and told me that he was convinced that I had just installed it incorrectly, but when he checked it out he found I was right. "Roger, I couldn't believe it was faulty as there had been over 7,000 downloads and nobody told me it wasn't working!"

I've been on the other side of that - download something, have a problem, contact the creator, "there have been over 3000 downloads of that file and no one else had a problem". One person was irritated that I contacted them about an issue with a file they had uploaded three years earlier; another, when told a switch would turn something on but not turn it off, responded "well, I guess it won't work then". And many never respond at all. Eventually we get programmed to just delete problematic files and move on.

Archived