HJG new comprehensive DC-10 panel

mnmon2

Historic Jetliners Group has just released what is probably the most complete DC-10 panel(s). There are separate panels for each version of the DC-10 that includes all systems modeling, and adjusted FDE's for each model to be compatible with the new panels. Panels are compatible for both FS9 and FSX. Stop by HJG: http://simviation.com/hjg/main.htm

Mike

Just have to figure out how to put the Civa INS into it.

Yep, one of my fav FS things that I haven't used in a long time. Might be the right opportunity to get it going again with the DC-10 panel.

HJG are great. Supported FS9 for so long and continue to do so. One of the developers I have most appreciation for.

Mark Daniels

Thanks for the heads up. I look forward to trying them out.

Im guessing this is the panel :

Yup -- that's the one!

Looks pretty cool and in-depth. Just have to figure out how to put the Civa INS into it.
Don't think you'd have much luck with that (given the way the autopilot is coded) but there is an INS already included which is very similar to the Civa INS (except that if you load a flight with engines running it will be pre-aligned and ready to use immediately).

George

Yup -- that's the one!

Don't think you'd have much luck with that (given the way the autopilot is coded) but there is an INS already included which is very similar to the Civa INS (except that if you load a flight with engines running it will be pre-aligned and ready to use immediately).

George

Hey all good. I’ll have to get used to the HJG INS anyway.

Yes HJG have some great aircraft. The DC-10 panel looks amazing. Good job.

As mentioned by George .... these new HJG DC-10 panels come with their own INS. This INS functions similarly to the CIVA version but represents George's "own" programming.

As implied by Mike .... a lot of fidelity has been compiled into these panels (in accordance with certain FS limitations of course) .... representing electrics, hydraulics, pneumatics, and the fuel system too .... with both fuel transfer and dumping being practiceable .... and in addition to this both APU and GPU startup scenarios/procedures are manually practicable too .... as are CTRL+E initiated APU and GPU assisted auto-startups as well. And for those whom aren't "procedurally inclined" .... then .... these new DC-10 simulations load into FS with all systems pre-configured and engines running anyway .... with only the very basics (like radios/navigation, flaps, elevator trim, and lighting) needing to be manually configured. New FDE and Benoit PLAMONDON's latest/revised GE CF6-6 (for DC-10-10), GE CF6-50 (for DC-10-30), and P&W JT9D (for DC-10-40) sound packs .... customised especially for these DC-10 simulations .... round off this package very nicely

We've tried to cater for all tastes and preferences with these new DC-10 simulations .... which are also supported by an extensive manual (full of tutorials etc) and which is accessible from the HJG "McDONNELL-DOUGLAS AIRCRAFT SUPPORT" forum page.

Mark C

HJG

Nice work, Mark. Some incredible work has been done by you guys.

* on the INS, I think why some of us like the CIVA, is because for long haul you can use the ADEU Card Reader which saves having to input 20-30+ waypoints over the course of the flight. If that could be added to HJG's INS, you'd have a winner. :)

George, Mike, and Benoit .... not just me :) .... but thanks anyway. Comment "noted" .... and we'll see what happens among future updates since we do a bit of that at HJG from time to time.

On a side note, has George looked into P3D v2 or v3 compatibility for the panel gauges? If they work in FSX it should be a relatively small task to port it to the 32-bit P3D platform.

Cheers!

Luke

On a side note, has George looked into P3D v2 or v3 compatibility for the panel gauges? If they work in FSX it should be a relatively small task to port it to the 32-bit P3D platform.
Personally, I think a higher priority for HJG (once I've taken a good break after finishing the DC-10s) would be to create FSX-compatible panels for their aircraft that don't yet have them!

And aren't I right in thinking that 3D aircraft models built for FS9 will run in FSX but not in P3D?

George

Personally, I think a higher priority for HJG (once I've taken a good break after finishing the DC-10s) would be to create FSX-compatible panels for their aircraft that don't yet have them!

That would be good, too. :) I mention P3D because I think you've done the really hard lifting getting those panels to work in FSX - traditionally a lot of panels for FSX worked in P3D so I think the delta is very, very low.

And aren't I right in thinking that 3D aircraft models built for FS9 will run in FSX but not in P3D?

IIRC the DC-8 models worked fine in 2.5.

Cheers!

Luke

• 3 weeks later...

FYI ....

We have today updated our DC-10-10, DC-10-10CF, DC-10-15, and DC-10-40 (NWO/NWA version only) Aircraft Base Packs with new "V3.1" files .... to correct some "very minor" Model related display issues which became evident post release.

PLEASE NOTE: None of these very minor issues affected the performance or functionality of any of these new DC-10 simulations.

We have also today released an updated "V2.1" DC-10 Panels Gauges/Core Files package for our new DC-10 Panels .... this update simply enables the T/O V-Speed Call-Outs to work "in FSX" also.

For further information/clarification regarding these updates please refer to the following HJG forum announcemrnt of today ....

http://tonymadgehjg.proboards.com/thread/9180/website-update-september-12th-2018?page=1&scrollTo=63046

Mark C

HJG

BOG/CO

&

AKL/NZ

• 2 weeks later...

A night lighting effects patch is now available for download in order to add the missing exterior tail logo illumination, fuselage landing light reflections, and wing light night lighting effects files to each DC-10 simulation.

This patch is accessible per the following "ANNOUCEMENTS & NEWS" forum posting ....

http://tonymadgehjg.proboards.com/thread/9203/dc-10-lighting-effects-patch

Mark C

HJG

BOG/CO

&

AKL/NZ

Not at this stage Mark .... this exterior "lighting effects" patch is only available from the link provided and as is repeated below ....

http://tonymadgehjg.proboards.com/thread/9203/dc-10-lighting-effects-patch?page=1&scrollTo=63247

Having said this though we have, since the August 17th release, released the following updates which "ARE" now on ourdoenloads pages ....

AIRCRAFT BASE PACKS

DC-10-10 V3.1

DC-10-10CF/F V3.1

DC-10-15 V3.1

DC-10-40 V3.1

The latest DC-10-10, -10CF, and -15 base packs each feature "new" 3D models .... which correct the texture bleeding that was evident over wing surfaces when veiewd from certain angles high above each model. The DC-10-40 (NWO/NWA cversion only) also features a "new" 3D model .... with visibly rotating engine fans when viewed from "interior" (not external) panel view. Both FS2004 and FSX users should update their original versions of these files if thay have not already done so.

PANEL GAUGES/CORE FILES

DC-10 PANELS GAUGES/CORE FILES V2.1

This particular update is for "FSX users only". It enables the panel T/O V-Speed Call-Outs to work "in FSX". Previously this particular feature of our new V2.0 DC-10 panels worked in FS2004 only .... but .... did not work in FSX. FS2004 users "DO NOT" need to replace their DC-10 Panel Gauges/Core Files .... unless they wish to.

Each of the above were released on September 12th. Information concerning these update was announced (here) and on the HJG forum as follows ....

http://tonymadgehjg.proboards.com/thread/9180/website-update-september-12th-2018

Also for "FSX users only" of our new DC-10 panels .... a PANEL.CFG "VIEWS" related edit is recommended .... the data for which is available per the "KNOWN ISSUES" section within PP1 of our forum based DC-10 manual and which may be accessed as follows ....

http://tonymadgehjg.proboards.com/thread/9147/dc10-panel-installation-handling-notes

This edit stops the unintended instustion of the main panel into both the Forward Left and Forward Right views when selected. This edit "DOES NOT" apply to FS2004 users of these panels. This particicular update .... along with that for exterior "lighting effects" patch also .... will result in replacement files being uploaded to the respective HJG downloads pages and abnnounced accordingly later, but, those whom do no wish to wait can at least access these particular edits immediately .... it may be a while before we can actually get replacement file versions (encompassing these edits) uploaded.

PLEASE NOTE: The absence of these edits "DOES NOT" impact flight performance, panel systems functionality, or audio fidelity in any way shape or form in either fS2004 and FSX.

Further improvements (yet to be announced) for our DC-10 project will be released in the near future.

Please post any "support related queries" on the HJG forum .where these are best and most promptly dealt with .... for the benefit of everyone :)

Mark C

HJG

Archived