Clear a destination on GPS

TKessel

I often use the gps when flying general aviation, and will set the destination to give me a guide as to distance and heading.

But after I reach the destination, it's still there in the gps. How can I clear that destination from the gps. I can select another destination if I want to, but what do I do if I just want to clear the gps?

Thanks, Ted

• 2 weeks later...

There is no way to clear a waypoint from the GPS interface. I just ignore or skip around the ones I don't want.

An alternative is to set HDG mode on the AP and go into the FSX flight planner. Edit TAB , Select the desired item and DELETE WAYPOINT. Save as "temp.pln" and resume your flight. The item will be missing from the GPS. Re-select the current waypoint, Menu and Activate. Re-engage NAV mode.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

There is no way to clear a waypoint from the GPS interface. I just ignore or skip around the ones I don't want.

An alternative is to set HDG mode on the AP and go into the FSX flight planner. Edit TAB , Select the desired item and DELETE WAYPOINT. Save as "temp.pln" and resume your flight. The item will be missing from the GPS. Re-select the current waypoint, Menu and Activate. Re-engage NAV mode.

-Pv-

Thanks for the clarification!

Archived