WOW! They Keep Getting Bigger and Bigger!

A slick looking bird. Much better then them double decker's.

Thanks Jim! I do have the Airbus A380 and, yes, she's not much to look at, but she does fly well. This one, I think it is the longest Boeing has, and to be truthful, this might still be a conceptual aircraft for Boeing? I had not heard of the Super 11 until yesterday, but I had to add one to my hangar! It does fly well for being as long as it is!

Oh, and Bob, yes, you got those Sardines right. My wife and I flew down to Aruba on Spirit, forgot what type aircraft it was, but my knees were hard against the seat in front of me, I could stick one knee out in the aisle way, but the other I couldn't help! They pack 'em in, for sure, got to get that almighty buck!

Rick :cool:

That's a big one for sure Rick. I wonder how long it takes to load and unload it.:D

Larry - Most likely it takes awhile to load/unload! But, that's not a problem, that all smells like "Chaaa Ching!"

Just looked, default loaded fuel is 36063 gallons or 241,622 lbs! Hey, I bet I could use this as an aerial service station? What's the going price of Jet Fuel these days? I was very surprised when I checked the weight and balance on this aircraft. Was all within "the envelope," no adjustments necessary!

Wonder what kind of oil those sardines are packed in? :confused: Oh great. Now I'm hungry again! :rolleyes: -- Bob

I've spent most of my life flying to and fro all over the world on commercial airliners when my business issues required. During the last few USA to and from Europe or Japan flights in "Business Class" I noticed that I had less room and service than when I flew ""Economy" on 707s in the '60s! Today we are truly packed into those aluminum cans like sardines into what they now call "Airliners!!"

Now that I'm retired and don't have to be anywhere on a specific date I've discovered the joys of driving an automobile across country. And when my destination is across an ocean I've found several hugely enjoyable ships to make those voyages!!

Last year I drove a Mazda Miata, mostly top down, to and from the Puget Sound in Washington Sate. This year I'm traveling to and from the UK on an ocean liner. TBTG I don't have to be treated worse than cattle in a transport on an aluminum tube!!!;):D

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

You are right, Michael, the airlines are even taking the older aircraft and figuring out a way to retrofit aircraft to accomodate additional seating! As I replied to Bob earlier, that flight my wife and I took down to Aruba, my knees were tight against the seat in front of me. At that time, I will admit, that I had added a few pounds above my waist line, but definitely not in my legs! The trip home was fine, as it was on a different carrier. Leg room on that flight felt normal! It's all about the almighty buck! Look what they have done to bars of soap, also half gallon ice cream, is no longer half gallon! Did they drop the price on these items? NOT! Oh well................

Alright, I was doing some more research on some of these jetliners. What an eyeopener! Here's a few I would have never believed:

Airbus A380-900 900 seats

Boeing 777-300 550 seats

Boeing 747-800 700 seats

My new download of 425 passengers is nothing compared to those above. I guess I need to start traveling more. These numbers are un-believable!

flights in "Business Class" I noticed that I had less room and service than when I flew ""Economy" on 707s in the '60s!

Hi Rupert! What a shame. Still in the 70's one was well treated in Economy, with typical meals served -- and drinks -- and much attention of the crew! :):)

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Archived