Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Steam now $8.74 thru August 28th !

For those of you who say that there is no difference in Steams performance, let me contribute this. When you have been using the old Standard boxed edition of FSX like I had, without SP-1, SP-2, and Acceleration, and then you suddenly switch to Steam, you will see a difference. ....... Amen, and I'm outta here.

Jim
    Last edited by GBJim; 08-19-2018 at 03:45 AM.

If you had FSX boxed previously and have installed later a stand alone FSX-SE install I suggest to check the registry and correct it (if necessary) with:

FSX TweakFS Registry Utility V1.21:

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib...rchid=65711413

Some installers fail because of the registry

----------------------

@GBJim: Yes, you are right. I moved to P3D line, but after testing FSX-SE I keep it in my system.
    Last edited by howlak; 08-19-2018 at 03:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GBJim View Post
    For those of you who say that there is no difference in Steam's performance, let me contribute this. When you have been using the old Standard boxed edition of FSX like I had, without SP-1, SP-2, and Acceleration, and then you suddenly switch to Steam, you will see a difference. ....... Amen, and I'm outta here.

Jim
    Because SE includes the performance tweaks that were included in sp1, sp2, and Acceleration. If you had taken the time to correctly install those then your performance would have been the same.

4. Default

For those of you who say that there is no difference in Steams performance, let me contribute this. When you have been using the old Standard boxed edition of FSX like I had, without SP-1, SP-2, and Acceleration, and then you suddenly switch to Steam, you will see a difference. ....... Amen, and I'm outta here.

Jim
    What Jim said!
    I downloadd it yesterday and it runs so much smoother! Of course, I haven't added anything to it yet, but still, better than boxed. I always thought guys were blowing smoke about it. I even set up a server and have been flying on line for the last hour or so. Sadly, nobody wants to visit KBFM and fly around the Gulf Coast with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hossfly68 View Post
    What Jim said!
    I downloadd it yesterday and it runs so much smoother! Of course, I haven't added anything to it yet, but still, better than boxed. I always thought guys were blowing smoke about it. I even set up a server and have been flying on line for the last hour or so. Sadly, nobody wants to visit KBFM and fly around the Gulf Coast with me.
    Out of the box SE runs just as smooth as an updated FSX does. Start with a clean install of FSX, correctly install sp1, sp2, and Acceleration and you will see that they are the same. It's once we start adding things that causes changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hossfly68 View Post
    ... it runs so much smoother! Of course, I haven't added anything to it yet...
    No comment needed.

Wim

Jim
    Okay, Jim, I purchased Steam this morning, I have installed Steam, but not FSX. I will probably be leaning on you to help me with this, if you don't mind! Now my username on FSX, I will set that up when doing the FSX install? This won't happen anytime soon, I have to ease into this as to not make any mistakes when doing so! Is there any place I can find instructions, other than what I see in the Steam site online?

Rick

Rick, have you looked at this one ? http://www.fsrijnmond.nl/PDF%20besta...%20install.pdf

As you know, my working knowledge of computers is vey limited, but I will help you the best I can. I am sure that you will be OK. I just followed the prompts and it went right in. It's a big download, so be patient with it.

Stay in touch and let us know how it goes ?

Jim
    Last edited by GBJim; 08-20-2018 at 03:48 PM.

Jim - I installed everything to: C:\Steam That would include the client and the program FSX. I may have to uninstall and start over again. I have a PM into Loki to see what he says

Big, you say, I keep my nose pointed over towards my tower in case it catches on fire!

Rick

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast