Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Steam now $8.74 thru August 28th !

Default Steam now $8.74 thru August 28th !

Steam now $8.74 thru August 28th !

https://store.steampowered.com/app/3...Steam_Edition/

Last edited by GBJim; 08-16-2018 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GBJim View Post
    Steam now $8.74 thru August 28th !

https://store.steampowered.com/app/3...Steam_Edition/

Jim - How does that work, I could purchase that now and download it when I was ready for it? Is there any time limit in doing the download? Hell of a deal, for sure!

Rick

Now you are asking me something that's over my head. I just hit the prompt buttons and down it came to all the default places, and it then shows up in form of a second new icon on your desktop. You can then choose either the old, or new icon whenever you want .

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Downwind66 View Post
    Jim - How does that work, I could purchase that now and download it when I was ready for it? Is there any time limit in doing the download? Hell of a deal, for sure!

Rick
    With Steam the only real limit with downloading is the bandwidth of your internet connection and/or any applicable data caps, if your internet plan is subject to them. You may also re-download as many times as you want, or even install on multiple computers at once (though only one install may be played at once). There is an option to backup the installation files locally so you don't need to re-download them in the future too.

Cool

I guess you have no choice other than accepting the download right then and there!

Just this past week, the developer Paul Craig convinced me to download SP1 and SP2. I downloaded SP1 and what a mistake that was. Most of my add-on aircraft that had red or green led instrument number/letters, ended up all distorted. straight lines on panel backgrounds were jagged. I never got to SP2, I ended up uninstalling SP1 and now have everything back to normal. I might hold off for awhile, might regret it. But, I have too many add-on aircraft to chance what Steam may do to them!

Thanks Jim, I have a few days to think this over!

Rick
    Last edited by Downwind66; 08-16-2018 at 10:17 PM.

I guess you have no choice other than accepting the download right then and there!
    No, you may wait as long as you want to download your purchases in Steam.

Thanks loki! Loki, now what about the big controversy about flight sims should be downloaded to
    C:\ , not the way the boxed version instructed everyone to download to C:\Program files (X86) ?? Will the download give you the option of giving it the correct path to download to?
    Last edited by Downwind66; 08-16-2018 at 10:23 PM.

For $8.74, how could anyone go wrong on that?

Loki - I have to get off here now for awhile. I'll catch up to you before the 28th. It does sound promising. I know Jim has been very enthusiastic about his going to steam. It might be the time to do this! At least, I could set it up, to run along side of the FSX boxed.

Thanks loki - Rick
    Last edited by Downwind66; 08-16-2018 at 10:29 PM.

If you haven't installed the Steam Client yet, you can install it to C:\Steam. From there the default install for the sim, and any other purchases from Steam, will be in the SteamApps folder inside this directory. And if you have multiple drives, you can also create additional Steam Library folders on each drive, and choose which one to install games to when downloading them.

Now if you have already installed Steam, you can uninstall it and reinstall to a better location. It is also possible to move the install, as well as any games, using the guide below.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...7710-tdlc-0426

Note that installing to the default Program Files(x86) location isn't exactly wrong or fatal. The issue is that because this a is a protected system folder, it is a little harder to edit any files inside it, such as config files. Most if not all freeware add-ons and many commercial one will work okay in the default location, however, some commercial add-ons will have trouble. So rather than crippling Windows security by disabling UAC, the better option is to install the sim elsewhere and prevent any future headaches.

For $8.74, how could anyone go wrong on that?

Loki - I have to get off here now for awhile. I'll catch up to you before the 28th. It does sound promising. I know Jim has been very enthusiastic about his going to steam. It might be the time to do this! At least, I could set it up, to run along side of the FSX boxed.

Thanks loki - Rick
    " I could set it up, to run along side of the FSX boxed. " - Exactly !

"

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast