FSX crash. Complete with event log!

shadowfaxcrx

FSX/sp1,2/Win10pro.

Running AS16, though it crashes even if I don't.

Here's the log:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61472.0, time stamp: 0x475e17d3

Faulting module name: g3d.dll, version: 10.0.61472.0, time stamp: 0x475e180c

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x000b50df

Faulting process id: 0x26c64

Faulting application start time: 0x01d435aeea380deb

Faulting application path: F:\Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: F:\Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\g3d.dll

Report Id: bff015e8-884e-4010-8d55-1cf50b5ebb9c

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Only happens on really hefty payware aircraft while running a flight plan through the FMS. Stuff like PMDG 747v3.

Any ideas? It's getting annoying not being able to do long flights in tubeliners.

Thanks in advance!

More hints to avoid crashes while using Active Sky:

Do not task switch while you have an FSX dialog up. Only task switch in the 3D sim.

Do not task switch or open an FS dialog while Cloud Art is displaying its updating environment message.

It's helpful to have messages turned on in the AS16 options.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

Then that would be my case when I move the mouse to the second monitor to look at LittleNavMap or look at my browser running Pandora in the background.

When I ever have AS16 crash it's usually shortly after FSX launch. I may tackle it one day. But it's not that often it happens, and like I said, the Event Viewer indicated .net was responsible. I think, although not sure (and can't remember) it was .net 4.

I turned off AS16 notifications except one which I think is if it had an issue with downloading weather. I found the constant notifications were annoying as all sin. For the most part, I haven't gotten a crash on task switch, but I do run FSX, AS16 and AS Cloud Art as Admin. That damn Admin crap M$ put in their OS is and has been the source of many of my troubles. Especially when I tried to install BF2 with the patches and the AIX mod. Run as Admin, Admin, Admin!

Despite this Admin crap, malware still continues to target Windows. They should just have a Sandbox environment for better security with folder and file exclusions. But seen as how it's M$, it will be probed and targeted for any and all vulnerability.

Archived