Copyright question?

Skywatcher12

I'm looking to make a livery for the iFly 737 for FS9.

I would like to use the paint kit by Denis Minaev. I don't have this paint kit. I can't find it anywhere so looks like it's possibly been pulled from public availability.

Now, I could create my livery pulling bits of his paint kit from liveries where his paint kit was used and use those bits in my livery. To make it clear, I wouldn't be pulling parts from someone else's livery, just parts from the paint kit itself.

Is this acceptable???

I'm thinking the paint kit was a public release so anyone should be able to use the contents of it?

Certainly if anyone does have it and could pass it on, if there are no issues doing so, would be greatly appreciated.

The livery I'm creating is kinda special as it's not a real world livery the masses would like to download. It's for someone who lost their life in an accident. The livery is in honor of that person and for the people and community who surrounded them.

Mark Daniels

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Mark, I've found a direct link to the paint kit. It's titled FSX but includes FS9 .bmp and .psd files as well:

http://files.100megabyte.com/ifly/FSX%20Repaints/FSX%20iFly%20Paintkit.zip

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Archived