Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Disabled Scenery Area in Library, Now FS9 Won't Start

Spoke too soon. Just because I could Slew the default a/c around does not mean it can fly.
    The default 182 brakes will not release. It will Slew. L makes lights come on, Q still controls sound etc. ( . ) for Brakes for makes the aircraft drift backward.
    Tried to change to a different a/c and the "Stopped Responding message" appeared.
    Deeper comlication than I thought. Can I find a fs9.cfg libe to disable or reassign the brake function?
    "For every problem, no matter how complex, there is
    always a solution that is simple, well reasoned, elegant
    and wrong . . ."
    H. L. Mencken

OK. Changed BRAKES in "settings" to the DELETE key and that works. Can change Aircraft - at least to default a/c and they are working. Can't remember how to get the Lat Long Heading and air speed to appear at top of screen. Shows up on Slew mode only.
    and wrong . . ."
    H. L. Mencken

3. Default

Pressing shift + Z will show coordinates and FPS, etc. You can press it three times.
    My forum project. Click me
    OOM errors? Read this.
    Pick an Amazon wish list, help a child out
    From RLG, Fly heading 053, intercept 315 DVV, look for the orange glow of a SAM.
    !M [email protected] B5A9 =G s5FCB *CFA9GHF5B8 5B8 { <5J9 [email protected] <9F9 HC H<9 @=6F5FM

Got it. Thanks for refreshing my memory.

Quoting my self here:
    So - a related question: I have seen posts that say in the SCENERY LIBRARY your AddOn Scenery
    file should occupy spot Number 1 on top of the list POSITIVELY ! This way any airports in that file load last and override other scenery you may have loaded. I figure this assumes that nothing in the Addon Scenery file deals with the same airport that might from a third party scenery source.

Then other posts that say the AddOn Scenery file should be moved down to at least BELOW
    any add on sceneries like from MegaScenery. Theory being that the airports in something like MEgaScenery are better than something you may have added to Add-on Scenery file.

Personal preference ? Looking for trouble? Needless complication? Or do both approaches have merit?
    and wrong . . ."
    H. L. Mencken

My Addon Scenery folder contains AFCAD and ADE files for airports I do not have detailed scenery for. Therefore it's at the bottom of the list, so any detailed sceneries will take priority over those. If I need to edit a detailed scenery's airport, I place the edited file in that detailed scenery's folder, which gives it priority over any generic airport in the Addon Scenery folder. If I ever get a new detailed airport, once installed into the Scenery Library it will automatically have priority over any generic airport file in the Addon Scenery folder. Neat and tidy.
    Tom Gibson

CalClassic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.com

6. Default

Rule of thumb: Don't use the same airport more than once. Of course the default built-in airports are fine. The added scenery once activated will be at a higher level.
    My forum project. Click me
    OOM errors? Read this.
    Pick an Amazon wish list, help a child out
    From RLG, Fly heading 053, intercept 315 DVV, look for the orange glow of a SAM.
    !M [email protected] B5A9 =G s5FCB *CFA9GHF5B8 5B8 { <5J9 [email protected] <9F9 HC H<9 @=6F5FM

Hi,

While this advice seems now to be standard procedure, it actually isn't a problem. There are even airport scanners out there so you can root out any duplicate airport files from your entire FS installation. Really unnecessary. The key thing you cannot let happen is to have duplicate airport files inside the same scenery folder. If these two airport files have different Airport Reference Points (ARP), you may get an FS crash. That is the thing to avoid and what airport scanner programs should really check for.

Having more than one airport file in FS, one to any given scenery folder is OK and my FS installations have always had multiples - usually a detailed scenery airport file in that scenery's folder, a generic modern airport file in the Addon Scenery/scenery folder, a classic era airport file in the CalClassic Core folder, and the default airport file. All coexist quite happily.

Take care,
    Tom Gibson

CalClassic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.com

tgibson your #25 post is probably the most succinct explanation of how / why folders are

best arranged in the Scenery Library that I've seen in a while. Well done. And thanks to all for

your help. Made an old man very happy again.
    Cheers -
    and wrong . . ."
    H. L. Mencken

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3