Push-Back vehicles crash some of my Aircraft ?

connolly44

The push-back vehicle crashes all of my medium size aircraft (eg. Boeing 737-800) and add-on aircraft (even the Dreamliner)

I can understand the vehicle hitting some of the smaller aircraft which do not have the ground clearance, but aircraft such as the B737-800, which are sent to park at the gates, cannot continue the next part of their journey

The only default aircraft which seem to allow push-back are the Airbus A320 and Boeing 747 which have enough ground clearance.

I realise that I could change realism settings to ignore crashes, but this would not be very realistic !

I do have Just Flight Traffic 360 installed and wondered if this had anything to do with the problem ?

You have to make a choice. Do you want the unrealism of running into ground vehicles and just passing through them instead of crashing, or do you want the unrealism of your ground guys being stupid over and over again and running you into stuff without getting fired. ;)

You're already in an unrealistic scenario - if you choose a different form of bad-realism, you'll at least not crash when it isn't your fault.

3rd party scenery can also have misplaced "invisible crash boxes" that you can run into and not even know what happened. For that reason, ORBX recommends turning crash detection off.

However if your going to leave it on, at least get Nick's Massive Crash Final Edition (massivecrash_final.zip) so you can have a spectacular, explosive demise :)

762-massivecrash-finalzip-10-dc3-2jpg.jpg

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Agree with several points here. In default scenery, the vehicles follow roadway graphics which are best to avoid. Because I fly often online with other pilots, I have had aircraft crash detection off for years and do not miss it. It's almost impossible to avoid other pilots popping online into my parking position or me into theirs.

As others have mentioned, ground vehicles are not coded to perform collision avoidance. Whether this is a "bug" or intended feature to meet release deadlines can be debated. It's up to the pilots to avoid scenery, aircraft and vehicles and this is also true in real life.

There is another feature not yet discussed, that not all aircraft have their contact points defined accurately or with enough detail. This can lead to you and/or AI in the sim to misidentify where contact is likely to occur. The position of the front gear in relation to the nose of the aircraft can also lead to errors in parking place position relative to nearby buildings.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

Thank you everyone for your advice. I have now turned off crash detection as suggested.

Looks strange to me especially flying the Sikorsky S61 as, having no nose wheel, the push-back vehicle goes right under the helicopter to connect with the tail wheel !

If you disable the crash detection with ground vehicles, it only applies to ground vehicles. If should be unfortunate enough to crash your plane it will let you know.

It applies to air vehicles as well. On the off chance that you decide to turn into a 737 on final, it'll ghost right through you with detection off.

It applies to air vehicles as well. On the off chance that you decide to turn into a 737 on final, it'll ghost right through you with detection off.

Ah yes you are right, but again, due to poor traffic separation in FSX you can be on final with everything nicely set up,and out of nowhere a 737 will fly straight through you while overtaking (AI smooth helps a great deal). If it brought my plane down in flames through no fault of my own, there would be more than ia few choice words. I only really want crash detection so that i know that i have made a really bad landing, or making the decision to try and put her down in really bad weather.

Sometimes, i will have to turn crash detection off at add on airports as you crash into invisible objects, and you can't get out of your departure airport. I turn it back on once airborne.

Yeah, the phantom crashing on the ground gets obnoxious. There's an airport in Africa somewhere that has an invisible canyon at the runway's midpoint. You're cruising along on your braking run and all of a sudden you fall through the world. Gets especially annoying when you have something like Airhauler on and it detects the crash and now you have to buy a new plane. ;)

Most crashes like that can be easily fixed.

"Invisible crash boxes"-are not a 'feature'.

It means there should be an object showing. And that object should have been installed by you when you installed the object libraries for that airport. Read the readme.txt file that was in the download. It will say what libraries you need, and where to find them.

And at airports, just look out where you are going.

Where I flew online crash detection had to be on. No choice. And crashing into someone (or a building), was punished, with a swift 'kick' from the server. That it would mean having to set up everything again (location, fuel, etc) and starting over. Not nice after an 8 hour flight.

Crashing into someone was punished by a ban if it happened often.

It's simple. Look where you are going. Before pushback, get to outside view, and check in all directions. Same as tower would do before clearing for pushback.

Oh, and online when taxing maximum allowed speed was 22 knots.

Slow you may think, but slow and steady wins the race.

Don't go anywhere your mind hasn't already been 5 minutes before.

Look left and right before crossing.

Use right seat view as well.

Slow and steady. 22knots max.

Read the readme files and install those object libraries.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Most crashes like that can be easily fixed.

"Invisible crash boxes"-are not a 'feature'.

It means there should be an object showing.

Not necessarily. Library objects can be scaled down by the scenery designer, but the scaling process only changes the visual appearance i.e. the visible textures. The original (and invisible) wireframe model remains the same size. Even a lighting pole which has been reduced in scale will still retain it's original wireframe model size. This is common across freeware AND payware sceneries, so the best practice is to select 'Ignore crashes and damage' in the Aircraft\Realism settings when using any add-on scenery.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Archived